...Weird text...shouldn't respond, should I?...

XxBacktoBlackXx

XxBacktoBlackXx

My BF and I went on a break one night and that evening, I drank many glasses of wine. I contacted a person from my past that didn't treat me right, but whom I had feelings for and at one time he reciprocated them. I finally cut this person out of my life even though occassionally he sends me IMs. Anyway, that evening, I contacted him by calling him and left him a message about how upset I was that my BF and I broke up...I said something about how I needed to talk to a friend so I was trying to call people...then I sang a random song. Don't ask. I sing when I'm drunk. I called about a million people that night and felt so stupid the next day. This person left me a long message 'bout it and was nice enough about the call.

This happened a week before Valentine's Day. Anyway, luckily I have not tried to contact this person because I had a feeling it would be a bad idea. Not too long ago, he sent me a text saying, "Just stop lying to yourself--you know you miss me..." What is this supposed to mean?

I think I just need someone to tell me that it's a bad idea to respond. I haven't said anything or checked my texts in a bit. I always felt like he had such a power over me that he was dangerous for my life. He knows how much I cared about him in the past.

Edited by XxBacktoBlackXx

Hun, DO NOT RESPOND!!!

No matter what your response is it will only give him more power over you! If you can show you don't care enough not to respond then he doesn't have that hold over you!

Guys like him thrive off the attention and HATE it when they get none!! So please DONT respond!!

• Author
XxBacktoBlackXx

Well...I responded. :sick:

Ugh! Why did I do this to myself?? I sent a text and I said I did miss him a little bit and he wrote back saying "Of course. It's natural". What the hell is that?

Anyway, now I am back to where I started with this guy. Square One. How do I get out of this rut?? I feel so embarrassed and stupid.

• Author
XxBacktoBlackXx

Ay, I just feel sick...I didn't respond to the "It's natural" text. I am tempted to, but I won't because I don't wanna dig myself in a deeper hole. Here I am analyzing something so stupid.

• Author
XxBacktoBlackXx

Yeah, they really are...why do people do this...I guess I shouldn't respond. I don't even know what that last text was supposed to mean.

just ignore it. if you're trying to get over him, ignore it. otherwise you could say "if that's what you need to tell yourself, go ahead. i was drunk and that text was meant for someone else. bye."

• Author
XxBacktoBlackXx

Ugh...I am just so frustrated with myself. I wish I could just do NC like sane people do...but it's hard for me. I haven't seen this person in a year...I knew I wasn't completely over what happened (not necessarly the person himself but what happened between us) because it really, really hurt my feelings. Every time I think about it, I feel like there is something unresolved there...like me telling him to never talk to me again. But then, it's almost as if I still wanna' have communication with him for some odd reason. Ay. And those texts are just so arrogant!! WTF is this supposed to mean: "It's natural".

Ugh...I am just so frustrated with myself. I wish I could just do NC like sane people do...but it's hard for me.

Hey BtoB,

Don't beat yourself up about this. There are very few of us that act in a 'sane' or rational manner in the throes/aftermath of a breakup. We all do crazy things and have moments of weakness. I wouldn't get back in touch if I were you. The only reason I say that is because you say he was dangerous for your life. Thats not a good thing..

Take it easy,

JB.

Blue Eyed Brain
Ugh...WTF is this supposed to mean: "It's natural".

My take: It's his way of saying that he knows how you feel because he feels it too.

Prodigal Princess

This guy sounds like every bad boy I've ever been out with. He's just being cocky prick.

Please, please be kind to yourself and do not engage in any further communication with him. Don't worry, NC is hard for everybody. Why do you think there are so many threads devoted to the topic on LS?

The last thing you need right now is to get head-f*cked by an ex, it'll only bring you down further. But I think you already know that, chicky. ;)

Edited by Prodigal Princess
  • Author
XxBacktoBlackXx
My take: It's his way of saying that he knows how you feel because he feels it too.

Really? I guess I just interpreted it in the worst way possible...as if he was telling me it's natural for you to miss me. I was so embarrassed. I have not responded, though. I don't really miss him very much...I just feel so humiliated still from the old situation I had with him. He's not really my Ex...I used to really, really like him...we would go out to the bars together and he told me on Valentines Day that he had a GF even though the whole time we hung out, he didn't let me know at all. We had hooked up one night without me knowing about his GF. Ay, it was just so mortifying and every time I would be his friend again.

Prodigal Princess, I see what you're saying...I kind of feel that way, too. There's no way I would ever want anything with him...I guess I just want contact because it validates that I am worth something, since he made me feel I was worth nothing after treating me so horribly!

Black to black

I TOTALLY understand

Im in a kinda of similar situation where I want my ex to contact me just so i feel like I am worth something!

He treated me poorly after I loved him so much for over 2 years.

I know I wouldn't be able to be with him again but I want him to contact me as I feel so worthless.

I feel like I was worth nothing aswell!!

He just walked away after 2 years, had a new gf the next day and never talked to me again!

I just want him to txt me and show I really didnt waste two years of my time and that I am worth something!

Its such a big blow to your self esteem!

You did a good job in not txtn back again!

Delete his number if you have to!!

He defiently sounds like bad news but i understand how one person can have a hold over you!

He has you just where he wants you!

Whatever you do don't tb! He just wants you to tb so he can boost his ego and keep you right where he has you!

• Author
XxBacktoBlackXx

What's wrong with me? Maybe I'm going through a depression in my life...:o I just feel so ridiculous. I was tempted to text that I will always love him, regardless of his feelings back and that he always has a spot in my heart. WTF!

Edited by XxBacktoBlackXx
  • Author
XxBacktoBlackXx

Was tempted to respond today but didn't. Have gone NC since last text.