The best way to get over someone

kirikat

It is said that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else....

So - I've been dating. And I met someone last night I kind of like.

But, you know all the trauma from my break up is really creeping into these new things.

I find myself being very mistrustful - just WAITING for someone to get my hopes up only to not call, distance themselves, run away.

I have never been that nuerotic, oversensitive, insecure girl before in my life.... when I am not in a relationship, Im generally easily juggling Beau's and having fun. I really dont like this new oversensitive me.

Maybe these new traits will help me not get myself into a mess with some other manipulative *******, but - I know that it is more likely to attract just what I am trying to avoid.

Meanwhile, the ex keeps suggesting ways to fix it between us. The suggestions generally take the form of "How about I call you now and then and we can have dinner and sex and not be in a relationship." :love:

How are those of you who are a few months out now coping with dating?

Teacher's Pet

I am 1 1/2 years removed from my last true relationship, but I've been seeing someone for around a month or so now.

She's really sweet, very caring and loving, but in my heart, I'm not ready to call her my "girlfriend", or bring up the "us" topic when we talk.

Do I think she is "the one"? Honestly, I have no idea what "the one" is supposed to be, anymore, but she does make me happy.

It's still hard, though, because especially in the first few dates, the "ghosts of the past" always seem to come back to haunt you.

We slept together on our fourth date, which is exactly when me and my last ex first slept together, too (though we waited about 3 or so months to have our first "official" date as it is!)

This girl is NOT my ex, and for anyone in a new relationship, that's the toughest obstacle. It's easy to be afraid of being hurt again, but one has to remember that the person you are with NOW, is NOT the person you were with THEN.

You just hope and pray for a better outcome.

-TP

wishes his new girl liked Family Guy. giggity giggity. lol

It is said that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else....

I dont really subscribe to this theory. What happend with me was pretty traumatic for me. I went on a couple of dates with good girls but I just kept trying to compare them to my ex. I decided to just lay low for a while and figure out what I want and also give myself time to heal incase I meet someone great. The other problem is Im still dealing with my ex. Yeah, stupid me and I have to deal with it I know.

My rommie keeps telling me I need a slumpbuster:p.

What up TP?

TP: GO FAMILY GUY!!!!! oh my god, that's my favorite show (after my babydaddy jon stewart, of course.) i love when they tease brian about his novel.

kitkat: i'm 5 months out now and i can't even IMAGINE dating. can't fathom that i will ever want to put myself through that again. good for you that you're trying! yay go you! :)

I split from my 5 year relationship over a year ago In that time the only thing that truly helped me get over him was to concentrate on myself, my career, my passion.... whatever made me happy that did NOT involve me relying on another person. I tried the dating thing and i just ended up getting hurt because it didn't feel right.

I did go back with my ex this summer and he broke up with me again about two months ago. I did swear off dating again but recently (could be that my ex is seeing someone) i feel the urge to try again, but i'm finding it hard! Maybe i give off this vibe 'don't come near me' as i've not had one date since or any guys appear interested. Why is it my ex has girls coming out of his ears? yet i have trouble even finding one guy i like that isn't already taken or already a no go?

abx