why does my ex tell me her relatives keep asking about me?

someone3434

We've been having on/off NC and LC for a couple months. Yeah I know that's not the way to go about it but that's not for this thread.

In the last couple of IMs we've had she'll bring up at the most randem times that someone in her extended family asked if she had talked to me or how I was doing (some of them only know me from her talking to them about me).

It just seems weird to me that she would bring this up and at randem times. Any ideas on why?

Crestfallen_KH

Ugh, this is the frustration that is contact. ;)

I wouldn't assume it means ANYthing. When I tell someone that a relative or friend has asked about him/her, it's pretty much just chat. As a matter of fact, it's one of the lowest levels of chat. It's on the same wavelength as "Oh, hey, Bob says hi!" If you have meaningful things to talk to that person about, then you would completely forget that Bob has said hi. If you are struggling to find something to talk about, then you would mention it. Does this make sense?

I would assume that she is just trying to avoid talking about anything real, so she mentions that you've been mentioned. I wouldn't read anything more into it.