I need a young priest, and an old priest...

KittenMoon

I have come to the conclusion that either

a) The world is mocking me

or

b) At some point I ran over Fate's puppy, and now it wants revenge.

I spent the day out "treasure hunting" (where I hit thrift stores and antique shops looking for cool stuff). This brought me to a rarely visited part of town, which is sorta sentimentally charged. For example, I went shopping at the antique store where I excitedly bought my exbf's V-Day gift; he dumped me the next day out of the blue. In the last 20mos or so, I've only been there one other time. It sits on a road that leads to the place I bought my first car- with my ex. The day I drove to pick up my car, my old car (parent's handmedown) damn near broke down on that road, with me and my ex in it- a somewhat humorous sign at the time, as I was sad at the time to be giving my old car up.

The point is, this is a part of town that still brings up a lot of vivid memories, unlike the more travels areas where I've quelled the ghosts. So he was on my mind quite a bit as I drove. No biggie. It happens.

I stopped at a grocery store up there to do my shopping- a local chain. I wanted a particular store-made item for dinner, but they were out, and instead of thinking of something else, I decided I really wanted that and would just go to my usual store nearer to home. So I left, went to the other store, did my shopping.

On the way out I spotted my ex's car. It's a distinct color, so it caught my eye, and I knew it was his by the handmade item hanging on the rearview. I booked it out of there, happy to not accidentally have run into him, since last time I saw his car at this store, I spied (from a distance) him leaving with his new "bff", this attention whore cvnt who was a major cause of our break-up.

This is where it gets bizarre.

Last time, when I spotted them, I got very upset. Panic attack, sobbing, the whole nine yards. It was my issue I know, but I made mention of it in my blog. Nothing specific, literally nothing more than I had had something really upsetting happen over the weekend and was feeling bad. A few days later, because of this, my ex ACTUALLY CALLED ME to make sure I was ok. (Awkward!) Obviously I didn't tell him what had upset me, and actually told him I wasn't his problem and not to call up like this because I didn't need a hero just cause i had a bad day.

This is what got me thinking, because he called right before I left for a b-day party for a friend.

This friend's b-day is in a few days.

So it hits me- The last and only other time I have "run into" my ex like this happened ON THE EXACT SAME WEEKEND AS LAST YEAR.

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Fate is mocking me- however, isn't that a pretty weird story? :confused::laugh: (assuming you've made it to the end)