It's a full-time job.

Sanslatete

Is it just me, or does this feel like a full-time job, the getting-over-someone-thing? From the minute I get up in the morning, it's an effort to keep my mind from staying onto thoughts of her and I have to make a concious effort not to think and just busy myself. Even though I've gotten rid of all the mementos and pictures, there's always something to bring it all flooding back. It could be breakfast cereals she liked or a type of car in the street, a song on the radio, something said on TV, a woman who looks like her that I pass in the town, it could be anything. I feel a bit obsessed with all this and it's hard to let go. It doesn't help that everything reminds me of her in some way. It could be a whiff of perfume from someone passing me in a corridor or an item of clothing she had, even someone with the same phone she does. It's mad, and it drives me to distraction. I can sit at work on the computer, doing spreadsheets and something....anything will remind me. It's got to be unhealthy. When does it all get easier, when is a car just a car or a song just a song?

MartianChronicles

yes, man. a full time job. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

i spent the last two months in a hole, going from despair to hysterical laughters, wasting energy and efforts and tears.

and, you know what? the other day i woke up, switched on the phone and found a text from my ex. i didn't even read it, just deleted it right away.

i thought i couldn't care less for him and what he was doing, who he was meeting/dating and stuff. and you know what? that was it.

i've been feeling great since saturday morning. i hope it continues.

and i hope your efforts will work. no, i'm sure they will ;)

Is it just me, or does this feel like a full-time job, the getting-over-someone-thing? From the minute I get up in the morning, it's an effort to keep my mind from staying onto thoughts of her and I have to make a concious effort not to think and just busy myself. Even though I've gotten rid of all the mementos and pictures, there's always something to bring it all flooding back. It could be breakfast cereals she liked or a type of car in the street, a song on the radio, something said on TV, a woman who looks like her that I pass in the town, it could be anything. I feel a bit obsessed with all this and it's hard to let go. It doesn't help that everything reminds me of her in some way. It could be a whiff of perfume from someone passing me in a corridor or an item of clothing she had, even someone with the same phone she does. It's mad, and it drives me to distraction. I can sit at work on the computer, doing spreadsheets and something....anything will remind me. It's got to be unhealthy. When does it all get easier, when is a car just a car or a song just a song?

HOLY COW I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!!!

Everything seems to remind me of her. Any white car I see, anything having to do with a salon (she is a stylist), smelling someone's perfume, the things she'd cook, her favorite songs, her workout techniques, girls who have similar bodies to her, similar names, SO MANY THINGS.

This **** sucks and yes, it is a full time job and I hate it.

I hate that everywhere I go something reminds me of her. Or maybe just a memory will randomly pop into my head and then the rest of the day I can't stop obsessing about maybe running into her somewhere.

I even fricking drove right past her on Saturday night. Then Sunday I was obsessed about maybe running into her.

I know exactly how you feel.

There are other girls that I am interested in, but it feels like I will always be obsessed with "the one that got away".

I have to keep things positive or else I will go insane.

She wasn't the one for me.

I am better off without her.

She can't give me what I want.

She's left me 3 times.

She doesn't love me.

She's too old for me.

She used me and treated me like crap.

Why would I miss someone like her so much?

I think it's because I have never loved someone as much as I loved her.

Wish I could just delete her from my memory or something.

Newtotheblogthing

I seem to be posting everywhere that Sanslatete is posting...

Again, I feel the same. EVERYTHING reminds me of him. I am obsessed. I just hope it lessens.

NorCalDave.. Oh, the mantra.. He wasn't the one for me. I am better off without him. He can't give me what I want. He doesn't love me.

When do we start believing this? I am distracted at every turn. Day 3 of NC.. that's all I can do right now. Trying my best to keep it together.. Now I completely understand why I love the following movie so much: Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.

I seem to be posting everywhere that Sanslatete is posting...

Again, I feel the same. EVERYTHING reminds me of him. I am obsessed. I just hope it lessens.

NorCalDave.. Oh, the mantra.. He wasn't the one for me. I am better off without him. He can't give me what I want. He doesn't love me.

When do we start believing this? I am distracted at every turn. Day 3 of NC.. that's all I can do right now. Trying my best to keep it together.. Now I completely understand why I love the following movie so much: Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.

There's another thing!!! We saw that movie on our first date back in May 2004!!!

Darn it, stop it! :)