Emotional connection?

Meaplus3

Please correct me if I am wrong here but is it so true that and Emotional connection is what is needed to maintain a long tern R? I have learned so much about emotions from my ea. I feel that there has to be that Emotional connection, along with passion and there you have it! Anyone agree or disagree? Would love your thought's!

AP:)

Please correct me if I am wrong here but is it so true that and Emotional connection is what is needed to maintain a long tern R? I have learned so much about emotions from my ea. I feel that there has to be that Emotional connection, along with passion and there you have it! Anyone agree or disagree? Would love your thought's!

I believe it's definitely necessary. Apparently it's not enough for some though, as I had someone walk away from me that said we had an amazing connection but he just wasn't sure I was "the one". So, that being said, apparently it's something, but not everything...

Personally I believe an emotional connection is paramount in a loving relationship. I cannot imagine love without it.

However I'm in a situation where the emotional connection with my wife (we are unhappy) has always been very strong. She understands me and I understand her. Nevertheless I've sadly never felt romance and passion for her, more of a love based on deep friendship and respect. We also have three lovely children.

The woman (old g/f) I had an affair with and whom I lost by hesitating, was less openly emotional. We certainly had an emotional connection but her feelings were deeply hidden and I didn't take enough time to develop that. It is also the reason I couldn't completely commit. Despite loving this woman deeply I percieved life with my wife to be richer because of my wife's emotional depth.

I'm in a dark place right now over all of this. I lost her and the emotional element was the big question for me despite being convinced that she is the one for me. Go figure........

LucreziaBorgia

I learned a lot about it too from EA's - both my own, and others and have found this to be true: emotional connection is not worth the time spent typing the words, if it is found in the context of cheating, deception and lying.

An emotional connection can outlast a physical one for sure. I think most marriages that stay together do so out of some kind of compassion for the partner. I know many that are unhappy with the sex part of the relatiohship, but are not willing to get divorced because of the emotional aspect. I had sort of an EA and the loss of that friendship was excrutiating.

Of course. Without that emotional connection nothing else matters. That is what sustains relationships and what they are built on. Problem is, most people in the world are never satisfied with that. They always want something more. A shame they cant see love for what it really is.

I agree with you, AP! EC is needed to maintain a LTR. Both partners should be connected in all ways possible. It is nice when you are both able to read, feel when one is sad, down, feeling sick etc. I have all that with my SO and it's truly the best R I've ever had. I have never felt so emotionally connected to anyone before. I know it sounds cliche but I really haven't felt this way.