Punched in the stomach

Icantletgo

I think most of us are hurt cause when the breakup does occur, we feel that we had NO IDEA that our significant other felt that way. We felt that everything was great, the love was there, the "could be w/ you forever" was there...

So when the other person decides "it's not the same" or "they don't love you anymore"...it hurts cause we are just so SHOCKED and in DENIAL that they feel this way...

Cause we don't. We still love them like we did the first day we met 'em.

I assume this has happened to you, and I'm sorry. I had this happen to me 2 months ago, and am coping with moving out of a house I've lived in for almost 9 years. I thought I'd be here the rest of my life.

The thing is, the other person had time to prepare for the break up, their timeline is way ahead of ours. We have to deal with the excruciating sudden loss of something we love and want, while they're already out the door emotionally.

In hindsight, there are often signs that they want out, but that doesn't make it any easier for the person who's suffering.

I take it there's a story behind your post?

Yeah,i second polywog. see my post in coping under lonley,regretful,hurting...

I know in hindsight she was droping hints and she tried up until the end, i just was stupid and blind. I wish i new some way to convince her but as i am finding out i cannot, it has to be her.

We have stayed in touch daily up until yesterday and all of a sudden nothing. I think she wants a little no talk time. There is something she needed but she told me that we would see each other on monday. I,we need to give them the time they need. Not sure if you are in the same position.

I have a point...

I think some people have a hard time expressing their feelings and they do it in a way that only makes sence to them. I.E calling then not calling and so on. You are probably thinking as i am "i wish i had figured out sooner, maybe i could have avoided all of this" I am tormented now because i am reading into every word and action.

I am assuming that you have the same sick feeling in your stomach that i have (constantly).

I am realizing that i am not in control of the situation anymore it is all her and if i want anychance of being together i have to play by her rules. In the mean time i have made changes in my life for me. Things that she had always mentioned. She seems responsive, well up until yesterday. It seems to me that she may be a little confused at what to do.

Give her her space(what ever that means to her). For us it is limited in person contact but we still talk daily(not about the break though). Maybe give it a try and maybe you can slowly let her know how you feel. In my case actions need to speak louder than words if i want a chance maybe the same for you if you want your partner back.

Like you i love her like the first day even more but i have stopped professing that as it will only go against what she is feeling right now.

Sorry for the rant but i am full of so many thoughts right now. I hope i helped a little. Good luck.

• Author

Hi polywog. I'm so sorry about your story. I was with my ex for almost 3 years..I can't even imagine being w/ someone for 9 years and living with them and going through this. Yes I do have a back story, a rather embarrassing one on my part.

If you look back at my past posts "i finally grew balls"..and etc. you can read my story.

How are you doing now?

Hi polywog. I'm so sorry about your story. I was with my ex for almost 3 years..I can't even imagine being w/ someone for 9 years and living with them and going through this. Yes I do have a back story, a rather embarrassing one on my part.

If you look back at my past posts "i finally grew balls"..and etc. you can read my story.

How are you doing now?

I'm hanging in there as best I can, thanks. But you know, it doesn't matter what the circumstances break ups are....they all suck! And we all get though them, too, after that punch in the stomach feeling we all have wears off!

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: