Friend who seems jealous.

pricillia

Hi ALL,

I have a friend who seems a little jealous, unless she really hates me or is insecure because she says things that are a little mean.

I recently go my hair cut and highlighted, I have been straightening it so I look different.

Everyone who has seen it compliments it, but I saw her yesterday and

when she saw me she said

"I hate it"

I ask what kind of friend or reaction is that, yes honesty is good but I just thought that it was rude.

I try to take care of myself as best as I can and keep myself updated without being fake. I am just me.

I never say anything to her at all, she never ever styles her hair it is up in a pony tail all the time, even at work, there is not effort on her part to make herself look any different.

But lately she has been making comments that I don't care for

Hi ALL,

I have a friend who seems a little jealous, unless she really hates me or is insecure because she says things that are a little mean.

I recently go my hair cut and highlighted, I have been straightening it so I look different.

Everyone who has seen it compliments it, but I saw her yesterday and

when she saw me she said

"I hate it"

I ask what kind of friend or reaction is that, yes honesty is good but I just thought that it was rude.

I try to take care of myself as best as I can and keep myself updated without being fake. I am just me.

I never say anything to her at all, she never ever styles her hair it is up in a pony tail all the time, even at work, there is not effort on her part to make herself look any different.

But lately she has been making comments that I don't care for

Sounds to me that she isn't your friend!! I wouldn't waste my time on her anymore . JMO I had a friend that I had known for a long time say an ugly thing to me after dealing with a tragedy. I am now finding out that this person isn't my friend at all . It was alot of comments made that was really uncalled for .

Sometimes I find that when they are trying to bring you down that they are jealous of what you have cause they don't! People that aren't happy tend to bring drama in your life to forget how messed up they really are. Hang in there and don't give this so called friend a second thought. Friends like this who needs friends!!

Hi Pricillia,

This ain't nothing but plain ol' green eyed jealousy!! Take it from someone who knows! If your friend can't be happy for you, then she is NOT a friend. Granted, we've all gotten a little envious of our friends sometimes, but you shouldn't to the point of making nasty remarks. If my friend has something or has done something successful, I always tell them I'm happy for them and I have no problem with giving compliments. I'll even say that I'm jealous in a teasing sort of way. But I do want my friends to succeed. It's the ones that put the knife in your back that don't.

If it's bothering you, let her know. She'll deny it, but put it out there anyway. People will always deny that they are jealous of you and try to make you feel ridiculous for even saying so when they know it's true. They say one thing, but their actions say something else.

I had a girl in church make a comment about my hair after I dyed it. I told her "don't hate the player, hate the game"...she just looked at me. I love the color, and I can't tell you how many compliments I get on it. And to top it off, she came in the following week with almost the same color. :confused: Some woman are just jealous hearted...plain and simple...also, some so called friends thrive on the fact that you are down and out, and they want you to depend on them to make you feel better about yourself, and when they see you rising above life's circumstances, and looking good too...well, she might be feeling a little less needed. But the comment she made was not called for at all; it was just down right mean. I would just play her to the left, and let her know that she should "check herself" for being so rude. Keep your head up kiddo!