I really like her, but she's rejecting me

therejected

I came here in desperate need for some advice, Im really going insane.

I'm 16. I really really like her, and she sort of likes me, but as she describes it "as a really close friend". We chat for hours on the phone, and always Smsing or IMing each other.

We weren't dating.

A few days ago she does for this other guy in the building and starts dating him. I obviously get really depressed and ignore her for a while then started talking to her today. Explained to her how I feel, and that I can't be with her like I was before since she is dating one of my friends. After that we ahvn't talked. We don't even look at each other. I always pass by whenever both of them are together and I gotta be honest its killing me.

A strategy I saw on another forum is a tough one which Im doing. Hard to get, but the very extreme one of acting busy or something like that to make her WANT my attention again. So far it's not working and I just end up waiting by the phone. (Yes, Im completely obsessed with her).

I know "there are many fish in the sea" but I'd really die to catch this one before I look at what else I can get. Should I just give up? (Equally hard.) We became really really close until she suddenly dated this guy (caught them kissing once somehow)...

PLEASE HELP! :(

dr strangelove

Good old David DeAngelo... im surprised he is even still around.

Im not sure what advice you want, keep in mind those tricks can back fire on you.

What you are currently experiencing is a common affliction. It is so common, in fact, that it already has a name. Oneitis. That's right, one-itis. Like bronchitis, or any other -itis, it is a disease. It has taken over your thoughts, is is clouding your judgment, and it is rendering you incapable of finding another woman, or possibly even entertaining thoughts of finding other women.

Don't believe me? Don't *want* to believe me? I can accept that. But at least do me a favor before you write me off as the ramblings of a deluded fool. Go to the website "sosuave.net" and look up the DJ bible. Link should be near the bottom or top of the page. While you're there, you might also want to do a forum search for oneitis. It's actually more common than you might think.

Anyhow, I hope I managed to help. As a famous man once said, "I can only show you the door. You have to walk through yourself." Good luck, man.

-abcd_z