She wanted to break up first, but now she wants a break...

justsumguy2247

Now here's the thing.... my girlfriend and I got into an argument last week, it was about how i always tell her what to do. What happened was, she had a problem with her sorority and it happens all the time. She goes out with them for an event that they have, then they ask her to go somewhere that she doesnt want to go to, but she goes eventually because of peer pressure. When she went this time, she hated it and she was trying to leave, but the person that she drove there with didnt want to leave yet.

She waited for 1 hour and she finally left, all pissed off. when she came back home, she was telling me and complaining about it and everything. so i was asking questions about it (like what happened) and asked her "why dont you just drive yourself from now on?" With that question, she blew up, I guess because when she would have problems with the sorority, i would just tell her to quit or just stop showing up (all the time).

We were arguing about it because i was telling her i was just giving her solutions, but she took as is "I'm telling her what to do." While we were arguing, she said she didnt want this and wanted to break up. I tried hard to save it, and she finally said "fine, lets just have a break."

This happened last Thursday night. Ever since then i dont know what to do. the last time i talked to her, was this morning. i asked her if i can come over because i wanted to try and fix it and apologize, but she really wanted the break and wouldnt let me. so then now, my question is, is it worth waiting for? or should i just try and get over her. We've been together for atleast 1 year now, shes my first girlfriend.

one more thing, i just came back from vacation since the begining of august. when i would call her, we would argue, and towards the end she also wanted a break. so i really dont know what to do. Please does anyone have any Advice?

• Author
justsumguy2247

also, she talks to me everyday since she wanted the break. and also, when she wanted to break up in the begining, she said she still wanted to be friends. she really means a lot to me, and i really dont know what to do...

It really sounds like she picked a fight here and used it as a way to bring up this break. Don't know why, maybe she wants some space, maybe she met someone else. But, she sounds unsure as well, hence why she is still talking to you everyday and wants to be friends. But something is definitely off....maybe she is just confused. My thing would be to give her some space. Youd don't have to be a jerk to her, but she wanted a break, so give her what she asked for. Don't always grovel and bring up you guys.....I may not know the whole story, but it seems flaky how she brought this break up, so if I am right, show her what she's missing and make her miss you. You can do that and still be nice.