My girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me. I need advise.

I'm 17 years old. Last week my girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me. She said she was not in love with me anymore. I dont know how her feelings could change like that, but I am not mad at her because if she does not love me it is no ones fault; thats just the way it is. I don't know how to cope with this because I am still deeply in love with her, and I feel like I can't live like this forever. I've thought about suicide but I doubt I could ever find that to be the right answer. She says she still wants to be friends, but I don't know how I am supposed to be okay with simply being friends when I am still in love with her. I know I will still see her in school next year, and around other places so it would be impossible for me to cut off all contact with her, which I don't even think I could bring myself to do while I'm still in love with her. I don't know what to do or how to move on. Being around my friends and family just makes me feel even more empty. Anybody who has anything to say, I would appreciate it.

Brittanyjean06

I'm sorry your girlfriend of three years broke up with you, I know just as well as everyone else here knows that dreadful feeling. Please don't comtemplate suicide. This takes alot of time and you are very young like me and I can already tell you that if I am feeling better too this day ( with it being a year of my 2 1/2 year relationship being over, and he is now getting married ) You will most certainly feel so much better in time! Don't be friends with her you don't need that, as painfail as that sounds too you shoulden't be talking to her your hurt shes not. I know you don't think you'll ever get over it but believe me you will and you as slow as things are going right now time secretly has a way of going by really fast. I suggest reading the book " Its called a break up because its broken" it had so much advice and it was also very funny, it is for both women and men./girls/ boys. Nothing last forever and in time you will be glad you went through this because at the end all the pain you endure it will be worth seeing the light at the end of the tunnel