Is this summer romance fixable?

Hi everyone,

I need some advice, I met a beautiful woman this spring in Boston. It was almost too good to be true. Instant attraction, much in common and as dreamy as you can imagine. This past weekend I had a business issue/failure which made me not too pleasant to be around (I took it personally) I also introduced to her to a friend and they instantly disliked each other. My behavior could have been better, I made a couple of mistakes and learned from them. She took it as a major character flaw.

She called me yesterday to tell me its over. I tried to send flowers, right a note to expalin to her it wasn't anything to do with her and not a good example of who I was. (we had a long talk, she had some negative traits as well but I look for the best in people)

She said she doesn't believe she can get over her negative experience this weekend and "probably" won't give me a second chance. We went from being crazy about each other to this.

Is it over or fixable? Did I misjudge/over estimate her feelings for me

The problem is we both have dogs, live in the same neighborhood and will probably bump into each other.

How should I handle this? Should I just leave her alone and not press it?

Or is it over and I'm loveblind?

Your thoughts?

Leave her alone and don't press it. Pushing someone never works.

A woman (or a man) wants someone more when they're a challenge. Be a challenge.

Whenever a woman says ANYTHING indicating she's not interested, the ONLY productive thing to do is take the hint and back off completely.

Counterintuitively, behaving in this way is also the best way to get them to chase after you.

Seriously.

bluechocolate

My behavior could have been better, I made a couple of mistakes and learned from them. She took it as a major character flaw.

Maybe her inability to forgive or realise that not everyone is perfect is a major character flaw in her?

She said she doesn't believe she can get over her negative experience this weekend and "probably" won't give me a second chance.

Then you have to take her at her word. You've sent the flowers. You've done the apologising. It is up to her now. Leave her alone.

The problem is we both have dogs, live in the same neighborhood and will probably bump into each other.

Why is this a problem? You bump into each other , you politely say hello & carry on your merry way. No problem. I'm sure you bump into all kinds of people everyday. Yes, I know this is different, but you have to behave as if it's not. If you really think that you can't handle it then change your routine somewhat, walk the dog at a different time and/or place.

• Author

I was feeling the same way, it just validates it.

I won't push it I did what I could to apologize.

She either accepts it or not.

If I don't here from her I guess its over.

I still hurts though.

You might be right regading the character flaw as well its something I thought about