How Do You Find The Strength To Leave?

lobsterbabe

I'm seriously having doubts about my 1-yr relationship with my bf. (For those who want to know my current situation, please read my previous post).

He said he loves me but not in love with me. He also told me, weeks before, that I can move in with him. I don't get it.

There are things I don't like about him. But I may be just being demanding.

He says he doesn't want to break up. He wants to make this work. But I feel like I'm just getting strung along as he is comfortable the way it is.

I know it's only going to be a matter of time.

But how do I get the courage? I can't bring myself to do it. At least not right now. Every day, I am trying to detach myself emotionally from him.

I love him. That's why this hurts. But I can't be with somebody who cannot see a future with me now. If he can't see it now, then he won't. Right? But at the same time, it's not like I want to get married now, nor do I want to have kids now.

I don't know what to do.

I think maybe you should suggest relationship counselling. It sounds like you both have things you want, but that it may not be EVERYTHING you want. But all relationships are like that, there is no perfect one, no mr right or any of that rubbish.

If he doesnt want to do that or you don't think its worth it, then break up. Its a risk of course, but sometimes people need to see what they have lost to realise how valuable it is. As long as you both realise that is what the purpose of the breakup was if you get back together, i think it can be a good thing.