She's a witch!!!

Forever Searching

So I get home from being away for the weekend. My ex and I broke up at the beginning of last week. We have been in no contact. He is with someone else now from what it seems and I am trying to move on.

I get home and check my myspace and notice my best friend that I have right now has added my ex boyfriend to her page and to top it all off he is on her top 8. Now, she just signed up last week but she knew we were broken up and she knew I was hurt because of the situation surrounding the breakup. They lying, cheating part of it. What girl in her right mind would not see how this could be hurtful and why would she want to talk to a guy that did this to her friend??? I emailed her about it and didn't accuse her of anything but asked how this could possibly not hurt my feelings and she replied saying that what happened between us had nothing to do with her and if he wanted to write to her she wouldn't be mean to him.

Ok, but can't she see that's not the point here?? The point is I feel like she's taking his side and I told her that and have not received a response yet. I'm so hurt right now and feel like I can't trust anyone. Maybe I need to break up with my best girl friend as well!!!:(

The point is I feel like she's taking his side and I told her that and have not received a response yet. I'm so hurt right now and feel like I can't trust anyone. Maybe I need to break up with my best girl friend as well!!!:(

Yep, I would. She's not being much of a friend right now, so I would stop talking to her.

Guys... no man is worth losing a friend over. Relationships come and go. Friends are supposed to be there through thick and thin. Personally, I think your perspective is a little skewed right now. I think your friend is right to do what she has done. She hasn't chosen him over you. Just because you and HE broke up - doesn't mean she should be mean to him, especially not if he is part of the social circle you guys mix in. I think actually what your friend is doing is pretty grown up. Maybe you and your ex need to look at what the two of you are doing... putting your friends in a position like this.

I know this sounds harsh, it isn't meant to be. But for what it's worth... we can't always go around dropping people everytime someone falls out with one of our friends. Ask yourself... if it was a girlfriend... would you expect friends to take sides then..? Because effectively that is what you're doing... you're asking her to take sides and she has clearly said she isn't going to do that.

• Author
Forever Searching

I understand your point, but, they are not in the same social circle. It's not like we always hung out together all the time. They were not really that close.