Ex texted me

Hear to vent, but would love and appreciate feedback.

I am 2 months post-break up. Doing better, still have my moments here and there, some days are worst than others. But I finally saw my ex's true colors and this has been making it easier to move on.

Of course as soon as I am doing better, he texts me. Texted me yesterday morning saying how he supposedly just noticed that I have not responded to his text from 2 weeks ago and why I did not respond. LIKE HE DESERVES AN ANSWER. Ugh and now of course I am feeling some sort of way now because I heard from him. Unless he is reaching out to me and manning up on his wrong doings or paying me back for all the money I spent on him then there is no need to communicate, he made it very clear he did not want to be with me so why should I respond to him.

Silver_star

You don't owe him a response, and it is healthier if you just don't respond back to his text. You said all the logical things down below for why you don't need to hear from him. Unless he is manning up to wrong doings, or paying you back etc etc...and he is not, so just ignore, delete message and carry on NC.

Stay the course.

• Author
You don't owe him a response, and it is healthier if you just don't respond back to his text.

That's the plan! Its just funny (annoying) as soon as I am feeling a little bit better he comes around, its like he knows...

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
brownygoldy

I don’t know the history of what your relationship/he was like but one reason he could be coming back from what you’ve said is because he is a control freak.

He used you for money and potentially other things that sustained him, you saw his true colours and walked away and now he’s scared that he’s lost his grip over you and is trying to re-assert his power over you.

Be careful.

Stand your ground, don’t give in, if he is a bad guy nothing you say now will change that so don’t respond with that hope and do carry on walking away.

lonelyplanetmoon

I’ve just past the 2 month mark myself and had the same thing happen!

I had been feeling pretty good overall. Definitely do not want him back etc. Have made up my mind about that.

He texted me while I was at work yesterday and wham emotions come flooding back.

I was good though. I held my ground and did not respond. I let my silence speak for me. He tried sounding sweet and innocent like he cared about me and all that bull.

Today I feel good again.

We stick together. NC is NC.

It works wonders so you can be on the winning team of the emotional war within yourself.

• Like 2
MetallicHue

I definitely think you did the right approach just ignore him and move on. I’m sorry this happened. Sometimes things take a bump but if you stay strong things will go ok.

.....Of course as soon as I am doing better, he texts me. Texted me yesterday morning saying how he supposedly just noticed that I have not responded to his text from 2 weeks ago and why I did not respond. LIKE HE DESERVES AN ANSWER. Ugh and now of course I am feeling some sort of way now because I heard from him.

It took him two weeks to notice u didn't reply. U don't mean much clearly. He's just looking for attention.

destroyedlife
Hear to vent, but would love and appreciate feedback....

dont get your hopes up, mine texted me for 9 months straight, here and there, never really showing any interest, then just the other day she stopped completely and has not spoken to me for about a week.

His text is a probe to get a reaction. He's trying to understand the damage and how he can get by it.

Have you made it clear that you no longer wish to be contacted by him? If you are have trouble resisting his sweet talk then stay NC. It's your only hope. If he accosts you in public be civil but use one word answers. Each time he finishes speaking say to him, "are you finished now?" and leave.

Get some moral support from a good friend.

• Author
I’ve just past the 2 month mark myself and had the same thing happen!

I had been feeling pretty good overall. Definitely do not want him back etc. Have made up my mind about that.

He texted me while I was at work yesterday and wham emotions come flooding back......

Love this! Sounds like we have the same ex haha. Hang in there ! :love: