Break news to ex I slept with her best friend?

My ex gf used me and left me in the worst way. She emotionally abused me and verbally abused me. I spent tens of thousands trying to buy her happiness and love and I feel like a chump because when I left town she got bored and just moved out because “the distance was depressing” - it was only 5 weeks when we lived together for 2 years!

I slept with her best friend one of the many times she dumped me - she did it often when she would get drunk. And her best friend was called names and shunned by her too. So her best friend invited me back to her place and we hooked up.

The next day my ex gf came back and we made up and continued dating and I never said anything. NOW her “best friend” is talking bad about me with her and making fun of me on social media.

I want to tell my ex the truth about her “best friend” so she realizes that I wasn’t always under her power AND her best friend is a POS.

What do I do?

So, she's your ex? You don't owe her any explanation if she's an ex and you guys were broken up when the hook up happened. That said, you should cut both your ex and her best friend out of your life. They are both ****ty and toxic people to you.

Just walk away.

You've said you wasted hours and a couple of years on this relationship. It sounds like you slept with her best friend out of spite and want her to know...

Don't waste any more of your time on her or this relationship. Go no contact, don't email, don't message, treat her like the past and walk away.

Any effort to contact her or tell her what you've done is just perpetuating it.

You are now free of her. So just walk away, never call or contact that woman again.

Edited by Swingen
spelling
  • Like 3

What should you do?

I would suggest that you walk away from both women. This is obviously not going to be a healthy relationship for you, if she has verbally and emotionally abused you and you have been on again off again.

Your job now is to learn from this experience and develop some maturity. Chose a better relationship for yourself. Make better decisions than to sleep with your girls best friend. Grow up.

• Like 1
My ex gf used me and left me in the worst way. She emotionally abused me and verbally abused me. I spent tens of thousands trying to buy her happiness and love and I feel like a chump because when I left town she got bored and just moved out because “the distance was depressing” - it was only 5 weeks when we lived together for 2 years!

After everything she's done to you above you would be a fool to take her back and not move on with your life. As far as the friend is concerned you two were broken up and you could have sex with whomever you like. Get rid of your gf she sounds horrible.

You need to be disconnected from both of them on all platforms. Don't worry about whatever trash they are talking. They are both your past. If you respond that screams you want them back.

Lotsgoingon

You're in a toxic cycle, trapped in this cycle.

Whether you tell or or don't tell her makes no difference. You're still in this trap. I can tell by the first few sentences here ... about the money you have spent on her ... and you say she emotionally and verbally abused you.

And now you're back in the relationship? With this abusive woman ... and you're worried about whether you ought to tell her about this fling you had with her friend.

The others are right: you really need to get out. There is no going forward here. You have decide whether you want this relationship or not. If you want the back-on relationship with your gf you genuinely have to lose the anger at the way she treated you in the past. Is that possible? Does your gf treated you abusively now? Is she a different person?

I mean you could come clean and say look I did this when you were treating me abusively ... and try to reach a truce ... But I'm not sure that's realistic.