My ex keep coming back in my life for years now?

We met on Face book back in 2011 and met in person a month later.We had strong connection but the distance eventually took it's toll and he broke it off since neither of us were in a position to move.

After time part we would reconnect and meet up again.This went on on and off for few years until we finally broke it off for good in late November of 2014 when he met someone closer.

In any event, he started reaching out to me again more than year later. Telling me that had been thinking about me and misses me etc.He also left his number for me to contact him.He deleted his face book few years ago so he clearly open a new face book for the sole purpose to re connect with me.

The thing is, I had allot going on around those dates when he reached out.I didn't log in on Face book until in late July. I texted the number he left but I got "sorry you have the wrong number". I decided to message his aunt and ask her to pass my number to him ..He got in touch with me a day later. We chatted ,catching up on our lives.

Needlessly to say, he didn't show up online for our skype date and didn't contact me to let me know he couldn't make it.He finally got in touch the next day and said he got caught up with work and was busy.I got mad and for him standing me up which escalated into fight.We got in touch a month later and planned to visit each other and he said he would book 4 days at his work so he can drive down here to see me.I was really looking forward to it and we talked everyday

Then all the sudden I noticed that he wasn't putting any effort into contacting me anymore. I was the one always initiating contact and sometimes he wouldn't respond.I didn't think much of it .I then texted him and ask him to come on skype before he goes to work.He responded and said sure.We skyped for a bit but didn't talk because his volume on his phone was not working, according to him.Then he had to get off so he can get ready for work.He also promised to take a pic for me later on.

In any event,I texted him and said it was nice seeing him and I can't wait to see him in person. We exchanged few text then all the sudden he said "he's not sure if he can do this anymore and he is sorry. Then proceeded to say, it wouldn't be a problem if we didn't live so far apart and maybe we might have something in future when his life is more settled.

This came as complete shock to me so I immediately asked if he is not coming anymore to see me and I asked for more explanation. I also expressed my disappointment since I was really looking forward to see him.He never responded to these messages and ignored further messages from me.I even let him know I was willing to move to his town in the near future to no avail.

I was so hurt he would just drop me like this. I changed my number and deactivated Facebook just to focus on me. Now 4 years later, he tried contacting me n skype and I blocked him.Now I just saw messages from my filtered messages on facebook talking about how he has been looking for me for years and is happy he found me my face book has been deactivated all this time...why don't he stay away? Anyone had that ex that just won't stay away?

I will start with a disclaimer. I don't understand the whole "we met" on social media or "skype date". I talked to my husband once through Skype while we were apart for a week but if we weren't married I would not date somebody who I only got to deal with remotely.

If you are done & the distance hasn't closed point blank tell him -- we have the same old problem: distance. I'm not doing this again. Go away. Leave me alone. Have a nice life.

You need to set & enforce boundaries. That will stop him from reappearing every so often.

• Like 1

This is not a man who is into you. If he was, he would be putting forth a lot of effort, not wanting to let you get away.