My next step?

Hi.

So i posted in here a couple of days ago about my partner of 3 years who broke it off with me suddenly but was still reaching out every day telling me he loves me and doesnt want to lose me. I would ask him to meet or for us to talk and his response would be hes busy but does see us getting back together 'soon' but for now theres things we need to work on.

Alot of the responses i recieved were people telling me to cut contact as his actions appear as he may have met someone else.

Therefore, that is what i did. I went cold turkey and havent responded to his constant calls and texts for several days, as hard as it is for me. However, his approach now is blaming me for the ending of our relationship, he is acting competly irrational with the things he is saying and taking it as me not responding to him means i dont want to be with him? i recieve texts asking me if this is because i want to move on and meet someone else? and then the texts that he loves me and doesnt want to lose me flood in.

SO FINALLY, i respond with a short and sweet paragraph that I love you and currently im not moving on with someone else but this on and off contact is extremely painful for me. But this is what you wanted. If you want to come home, you can.

His response 'this isnt what i wanted at all' He loves me, doesnt want to lose me but NEEDS MORE TIME.

The problem is, I love him and i miss him terribly but i was not the person who ended things. If i could click my fingers and we was the way we were before, i really would. What should i do now because currently im finidng it hard to breath.

Thank you,

You text him and tell you don't appreciate being put on a shelf while he takes to time figure out what is going to happen with YOUR life. Then block and delete and start moving forward. What he is doing is the ultimate string along. You don't deserve that.

You gave him a choice. What he wants is to play games. If you play along you are giving him the power to hurt you. He doesn't need more time. If he really loved you, he'd pick you NOW. He's not.

• Like 1