my ex came back after 5 years?

so my ex gf of 5 years , we have a child together. showed up at my house 2 days ago. i bought this brand new house last year. worked my arse off to get it.in the last 5 years. she has texted me random stuff late at night. but i stopped replying about 3 years ago because its just nonsense. since she broke up with me for SECOND time during our 8 year relationship. she was nasty during the end of our relationship, very narcissistic smear campaign. her and her best friend went off drinking and partying while i was left broken , literly rubbed in it my face.

she had hundreds of excuses for the break up. i think deep down she surrounded her self with a new crowd and had fake stories and fake personality and couldnt/ wouldnt bring me around because i would be like WTF are you talking about, non of that is true! so probably an ego thing and she was worried id blow her cover.

anyways so i lived at my moms house for 4 years. having to share a tiny room with my little daughter. while my oldest had to go live with her grandparents on her moms side ( different ex).

it was a struggle. i got a good job in the mines and i saved every dime i made to give my girls this life we have now, the only thing that sucks is my step daughter i couldnt see anymore because my ex took her away.

so the other day for the first time ever my ex knocked on more door and pushed herself in to "talk" and suddenly she was calling me "babe" WTF.

this girl looked me in the eyes 5 years ago after i was begging not to break up and she said "we will never get back together".

so she said that she made a mistake leaving me, and she knows she messed up and she went on for like 10 minutes about how she wants to work on things and see where it goes.

i told her that im not interested and she had her chance. there was alot more said but im not going to type it all.

she said she is never going to stop fighting for us lol. like really? i cant believe this crap. and as she was walking away she said i love you so much.

like i just dont get it. any ways, i told her that my "step daughter" who i never get to see is always welcome to stay with me. but shes not welcome. then she drove away in MY run down vehicle that she never gave back to me lol.

so i just thought id share this story of karma i guess you could say. also she burnt bridges with her entire family during our break up so now she literly is alone.

i feel pity for her because this was the life i was trying to give all of us all along, but she doubted me and was always negative.

and since it was the second time she left me suddenly. there was no way id ever take her back.

so i really did work hard and better my life and now i see my ex for who she is. just a parasitic woman who drains men of their resources.

kinda just a vent. i guess you could call this a success story because now i just laugh. and on the plus side i have a woman ive been seeing. not official , but at least shes real.

• Like 2

I really like that everything worked out for you!

I can imagine you went through hell when everything went down, but it's so nice to hear you got everything you have right now by fighting for it on your own and showing she was wrong to doubt you.

Even though you wouldn't want her back again I can still imagine that this is feeling sweet that she is showing regret.

Congratulations on achieving everything you wanted!

lonelyplanetmoon

Thanks for sharing and giving us who are in the thick of it some perspective.

I know there is a better life for me without him but it just hurts so much missing him.

Congrats on the house. You must feel so awesome that you were able to set goals and achieve them. Your girls will learn by example so keep at it.

stillafool

I agree with Marc she wants a home, husband and family now. She's probably been around the block about 10-12 times since you broke up and has found out no one else wants her so she comes running back to you. You are correct that she is a parasite. What has she done to better herself to bring to the table? Probably nothing. She's got some nerve to try to insert herself into your life at this point saying she'll never stop fighting for you. You should have called her a joke. I'd hate to see her reaction once you find a new girlfriend, and you will. You have done great and congrats on your new home.

• Author

Yes she obviously wants a home where she doesn't have to pay. When she broke up with me she took all my property. Although there was a lot. Total value was only about 3000 so it wasn't worth fighting for. I knew if I focus on myself n kids I'd have way more and I could get all brand new stuff. She obviously thinks that possessions make someones value. But really it's the person's personality and qualities that make there value. N now that I look at it. I took her daughter in as my own. I supported all of us. I was loyal . Honest n hard working. And she said I remember that im not the type of man she wants to be with. Umm ok? Lol I must of been so blind fighting for her I did not see my own value.

ExpatInItaly

Good for you for turning your life around, OP. And good for you for telling her to go fly a kite.

She hasn't' changed at all, or she wouldn't be so arrogant as to assume she can barge back into your life now that you have a home and stability.

Continue to keep any and all contact strictly about the child you have together. Full stop.