Love Feels Pointless. I don’t want to love him anymore.

MeanGrinch

After breaking off an engagement, I found this perfect guy. He was everything I always wanted & more. He made me happier than I’d ever been & I realized he was the first guy I ever really loved. He moved in with me at my mom’s & later got a new job. During his hiring stage, my mom got drunk & ditched her car & he was very stressed. However when he started his new job, he cheated on me. He lied & said he was staying over at work, but really had went to this girl’s house. Said they just hugged, but he had told her he missed her & was planning to leave me for her & live with her. I forgave him for this, but later begin to suspect more when I heard it was with multiple people. My mom also kicked us out, because she said he didn’t do anything. He wouldn’t help mow or anything. Said he didn’t want to be her bitch. I crashed on family’s couch for him until her decided to go to his mamaw’s where I wasn’t wanted, but they agreed to let me on the couch. My mom told me that I could come back, but he couldn’t. He told me if I went with him I needed to move far to his mamaw’s, never talk to my mom because I was stupid & he was dead to her, he wanted me to skip mother’s day & take back the concert tickets I got for my mom so I could use them to pay for us an apartment. He also told me I should quit my job & school because I didn’t know what I was doing. He showed me an engagement & said he was taking it back, because I was unworthy. I chose to not to go with him. Now I’m miserable. U2’s “with or without” you song is my life. My mom hasn’t drunk since he left though & my relationships are better. I wish I could forget the good though, cause that was all I ever wanted. My thing is though, what if I’m crazy & he was the one? I know my mom & I were t easy to deal with, but did I deserve that? Did I make a mistake? Why can’t I stop loving him? I don’t want to anymore.

If your "perfect guy" has no home and no job then perhaps you need to start thinking of raising your standards.

What do you actually love about him? And why did you allow him to continue staying at your mom's place when he refused to pull his weight?

todreaminblue

for whatever reason you loved him he wasnt true to you.....he didnt support you emotionally he put you down and he cheated....i suggest you concentrate on what has improved in your life liek your relationships ...your independence...your mums not drinking ...yay

.take some time for you do the things you love to do.... be around loving supportive family and friends so you can realise your self worth...

then next time you are ready to date you have more chance of finding a guy who loves you and is supportive and chooses you over other women......good luck ...deb

• Like 1

Love is wonderful. You make bad choices.

If you can't afford your own place, you are not ready to cohabitate with a SO. Moving him in with your mother was a bad idea. The fact that he didn't help around a house where he was living rent free because he didn't want to be your mother's "b1tch" is appalling. He sounds like a self absorbed entitled jerk, not a caring BF.

You should have kicked him to the curb once you found out he cheated. The idea that you chased him to his family's house where you weren't welcome breaks my heart for you. How starved for love are you?

Dump him. Apologize to your mom & mend fences with her.

• Like 1