Break after 2.5 years?

Recently, my girlfriend left for Australia to study abroad this semester. We had been dating for 2.5 years and I think she is the one. She's told me multiple times that she thinks I am as well.

Anyways, she has been in Australia for around 3 months. We had been talking when we can via messaging, mainly in the morning (night for her) and night (morning for her). All of a sudden, she either stops answering and then pretty much says she doesn't want to talk when asked about it. Immediately afterwards, when I asked why, she said "idk, maybe we should take a break" now this has never happened before, and we have been going strong for almost 3 years now without many major problems. When I asked her why again she kept saying "idk" In my jealousy, I asked if there was another guy over in Australia. She responded with "not really." She then said that I have to trust her, she needs to be by herself and be able to do stuff.

I don't understand how a relationship with me can be affecting her so much while she's in Australia that she has to "take a break." She's told me in the past that she loves me and that I'm the one, and so on. She said she needs time for herself right now (is spending a semester on the opposite side of the world with no one you know not having time for yourself?) She said if it love something, i should let it go and it will come back.

I do trust her, but I just don't know how to feel about all of this and cant stop thinking about it. She really is the love of my life. Any help would be appreciated, sorry for the long story

Anyways, she has been in Australia for around 3 months. We had been talking when we can via messaging, mainly in the morning (night for her) and night (morning for her). All of a sudden, she either stops answering and then pretty much says she doesn't want to talk when asked about it. Immediately afterwards, when I asked why, she said "idk, maybe we should take a break" now this has never happened before, and we have been going strong for almost 3 years now without many major problems. When I asked her why again she kept saying "idk" In my jealousy, I asked if there was another guy over in Australia. She responded with "not really." She then said that I have to trust her, she needs to be by herself and be able to do stuff.

When they all of a sudden want a break there is another guy in the mix.

She's not going to tell you. People lie all the time.

IMO you should wake up and stop being so naive.

Most at this time will cry, beg and plead. All that does is make you look pathetic, weak and unnattractive. Then they tend to write a long stupid letter pouring their heart out and appologizing for everything under th sun. That also makes you look weak, pathetic and unnattractive. Then the needy clingy texting, phone calls basically become a pest.

Wake up!!!! She found someone else and wants a break (she's really dumping you but isn't going to tell you that because she doesn't want you to know and or doesn't want to hurt your feelings) basically trying to let you down easy.

You can't make her love you.

If you're smart you'll cut her off. If not you'll linger in this while she's dating/seeing the new love in her life.

You'll probably project your feelings onto her "I love her so she must love me too". Nope, I can assure you she not feeling that.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news:

1. There's another guy

2. It has happened or it will happen soon

3. There is nothing you can do about it

Sorry man.

• Like 1

lol "not really" what's that even mean here. It's a yes or no question and the fact that she didn't say "no" leaves only one option.

She's spreading her wings in more ways then one. Since she is still a student, I presume you two are relatively young. If this is her 1st taste of independence she's learning about the great big world & all the possibilities including the idea of dating others. Sorry.

She's looking for a long term "hall pass" so she can date whomever while she's away.