....diagnosis

Hi everyone,

This is a little off topic, but I broke up with my ex about 2 months ago, and always wondered why he did what he did. Before I left him, he was in a psych ward (tried to commit S). I remember the night before he was extremely paranoid about people from work coming after him as well as hearing voices at night, and “the tv looking weird”. It is strange, but I strongly think he is schizophrenic. I just never knew that this disorder would appear out of the blue from being very stressed. I thought schizophrenia was a daily life disorder. Anyways, it is very hard for me to accept I was living with someone who had this. He was the love of m life, gave me everything I wanted, we never fought about anything. Does anyone else here know if it is schizophrenia?

Nobody over the internet can give you a medical diagnosis. Only a competent medical professional who is actually treating him can diagnose him.

Whatever his diagnosis, it's serious. I'm glad he's getting the help he needs.

• Like 1

Schizophrenia usually comes on gradually and kinda piques in early adulthood and is a lifelong struggle. There are periods when that person seems better at least. You didn't know him very well or for very long and so it's certainly possible that he's been dealing with it for some time. One explanation for what appears to be sudden onset would be if they stop taking their medication and/or if they are also using other drugs.

Edited by Redhead14
  • Like 1