How to deal with my anger after breaking up?

crazyguy123

My ex and I broke up about 2 months ago. She goes to the same gym as I do.

During our relationship, she was actually quite toxic. She ditched me on my birthday because I couldn't respond fast enough to her text or phone call when my family planned a last minute get together. Then after that happen, she genuinely wanted me to make it up with her.

She always expected me to stay over her place. After training with a friend at a different gym, she got upset that I didnt invite her to a last minute lunch.

She told me she would never let me back in the house if I were to take on a career and travel the world.

She did a lot more messed up things.

As we were breaking up, she asked that I returned all the gifts to her. After returning the gifts I blocked her, and got upset that I blocked her on all social media and even my phone.

I see her at the gym the other day and my blood boiled. I got really upset.

I dont want to be this angry but I love the gym.

What do I do?

TheFinalWord

Recommend to find a new gym. It's not worth dealing with these toxic emotions just for a gym. There are gyms everywhere. Maybe in a few months you can go back there. But you don't want her to continue to be able to effect you after you broke-up.

I realize I may not be that easy to just leave your gym because you may have a membership commitment. But if it is possible I would leave that gym. you just don't need to be running into her. Working out is a good way to get rid of a lot of the stress from being angry, but it won't do much good if she's there. can you possibly just adjust your schedule to where you know she won't be there at the same time?

I wish I could tell you how to get past your anger, but someone else will have to do it because I hold onto anger a very long time myself.