Update to Girlfriend who insisted on being friends

norealusername

Just updating what happened since I last posted in July 2018. https://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/660658-dumped-girlfriend-she-insists-being-friends I'm not proud of any of it, just saying what happened.

I did end up hooking up with her a few times in August/early September 2018. Each time we just hung out at her place and had sex. The relationship was otherwise pretty much the same as when we broke up. She would text me but it was the same meaningless cold stuff like before. I didn't have any illusion of ever having a serious relationship with her at this point. It was just sex.

So this lasted about a month. She would text me and ask if I wanted to come over. Never anything in advance, it was just whenever she felt like it. If I texted her asking to hang out, she was always too busy. So after a few times of this, I realize I'm just an idiot on call for her whenever the mood strikes. Now I wouldn't have minded the NSA sex, but even with that, it was all on her schedule. What little pride I had left couldn't take it. I finally blew up and told her off with a lot of profanities and stopped responding.

So that happened early September, that was the last time I talked to her.

A month later, she sends me a happy birthday text. I never responded.

So then on April 9th, after 7 months of no contact whatsoever, she sends a text message - "Hey you, I hope you are OK. I hated the way things ended. I'm sorry for my part in that. I think about you and really hope you are OK"

So I never responded to it. I'll be honest, there is a little temptation to respond but at this point I don't miss her at all. I've been seeing another woman since last December. I don't really have any questions, just felt like saying what happened.

Well, you did find your pride, and that's a good thing. And you learned for the future.

You know, a lot of women feel like that, like they just have to sit and see when some guy wants to see them. And often without even understanding that maybe all it is is sex, but maybe hoping for more that never will happen.

So I'm glad you found your dignity and left with it. Just leave her alone and move on and hope the next one is a little more open to a relationship. Good luck.

• Like 1

Some will indeed do this, reduce you to the roll of dil#o/emotional tampon. Something that's disposable and of low value basically.

Always important to not let anyone treat you like that.

• Like 1

You were slow to get it but you did at the last.

You teach people how they can treat you. That just lowers your status.

You are now wiser, smarter and better prepared.

Never put more into a relationship than you're getting out of it.

• Like 3