ex gf still hasnt returned my stuff

hii.

I was seeing this girl for about 4/5 months and everything was going great, way better then any other relationship I have had, out of no where she become distant and told me she had freaked out because she wasn't ready for a relationship although she thought she was.(she had previous physically abusive relationships)

I have asked her twice for my belongings and twice been told she will send them back asap. the last time I told her it would really help me shut the door on everything if im never going to see her again.

I was great to her and I didnt harass her after the freak out but she has bloacked me on everything, its been 3 months since the last time I asked her and I still havnt gotten any of my stuff back.

I do miss her and want her back so I feel this is hurting me moving on.

any idea why she will not return my things???

thankyou for any reply and sorry for the quick typing and spelling hahaha

Why are you wanting for her to send your stuff? Make an appointment to go and get the stuff yourself.

• Author
Why are you wanting for her to send your stuff? Make an appointment to go and get the stuff yourself.

she moved after we stopped seeing each other so I don't know where she lives anymore and I cannot ring her or message her on anything.

I got told she would send them back asap

It's been three months?

Contact her in writing and ask her again for your things back. Lay out exactly what she has of yours that she should be returning and also describe your past attempts to have your things returned. Reiterate that she told you she would send them back ASAP, but you still haven't received them three months later. Tell her you expect to have your items back within, say, three weeks. Offer to pick them up somewhere. If she doesn't return them, take her to small claims court.

Before you go through all of the above, decide whether the things are really worth the effort.

Hopefully it wasn't anything too valuable. If it's been 3 months & she has moved, she probably threw your stuff out. She's not going to give it back.

Do you have any mutual friends? Do you know any of her friends? your only shot at this point is to get somebody who knows both of you to intervene.

She knows you just want to see her. So she doesn't want to. And unless it's like a piece of furniture or something, you should ask her to just put it in the mail or drop it off on your porch or something where she doesn't have to come in contact with you.

• Author

I have asked her to send it to me by post if she can’t do it in person and i has talked to her through a mutual party to send it back twice.

It’s a few things from dvd collection signed by actors that have passed away ect Including Stan lee

Edited by dave260683

Failing that, if you've always acted respectfully in the relationship, contact her parents.

• Author

Yea I had thought of that but didn’t really think it would get to that after how good everything was, I thought she would just post them back ASAP like she said

ExpatInItaly
Yea I had thought of that but didn’t really think it would get to that after how good everything was, I thought she would just post them back ASAP like she said

Turns out she didn't keep her word.

As basil suggested, I would ask the mutual friend first to retrieve the items for you, or have them sent to him/her.

Perhaps she lost them in the move and no longer has them, or threw them away without thinking, and doesn't have the courage to tell you. Any chance the abusive ex is back on the scene? Perhaps he disposed of them when he realized they belonged to a former flame.

If the friend thing fails, I would contact her parents. Tell them what it is and that it's your collection and you need it back. If all else fails, take her to small claims court, get appraisals on the collectibles and give to the judge. Document how and how many times and to who you've requested your stuff back on a piece of paper, dates.

bathtub-row

Her reactions seem to be really over the top. Whenever I hear of someone doing something like this and claiming they’re victims of past abuse, I have to wonder who the actual abuser was.

It almost seems as if she set you up. Did those signed DVDs have a high resale value? Either way, it might be advantageous to take her to small claims court. Perhaps you know where her place of employment is?

• Like 1
  • Author

Yea Iv got up the friend and they’ve said they will find out about my stuff. I havnt got any response just yet but if I don’t have my stuff back by the end of next week then **** it I can’t be bothered huntit down she can fkn have it so I can move on and put it out of my mind

• Like 1