My ex's family keep contacting me

Last summer I had a brief relationship overseas. We had to break up, mainly, because she was desperately looking for a serious relationship. During this period I met her family, I was not intending to meet them, but she has many nice sisters.

Long story short, a couple of months ago she made me a friend request on Facebook. By looking her profile, I realized that a few months after we broke up she relocated and got engaged. I wished her good luck but she refused everything, although she pretty clearly lies. One way or an other, now she is in an other country.

A little later she blocked me from Facebook although we didn't contact each other after this short dialogue. I am upset that she resurfaced although she moved on. Yet, I was set to leave her do her life.

Her sisters though keep contacting me like crazy. Telling me how much they missed me, that they want me to visit their house, asking me how I am doing etc. They even post pictures I took with them in their feed. They bombard me with love, although I have only met them once!

Even if I was to meet them (I will not anyway), she is not there! I don't want to bring her to our discussion since they don't, but hey the only reason I met them was because of her. The only rational thought I can make, is that they try to work their way with me, which I find disgusting and paranoid since I am far away, met them only once, and slept with their sister. What on earth is going on? How would you handle it?

Her sisters are being inappropriate, it sounds like. There is a small chance she put them up to doing it, though. But I think they're just interfering and probably embarrassing her. Why don't you just block the whole bunch of them and be done with it?

• Author

Why do you think that they embarrass her?

I don't want to block them. They are extremely polite and I would look like whining if doing so. I am not hurting anyway.

Although I believe that she is not over me, I don't believe that she is behind this whole thing.

Then they're being wildly inappropriate. When you break up with a person, you break up with their family too. Imagine her horror if she thought you would date one of her sisters or even be friends with one where she had to see you. It's inappropriate and for that reason, you should tell them it's inappropriate.