Moving on...

I came here in 2013 because I couldn't cope with a sudden intense break up.

Since that break up, I've had 2 other short flings that also didn't last. Through the experiences I realized that holding on costs you more than letting go.

Moving on is difficult. It requires that you admit to yourself that the relationship is over, for good. Whether you rekindle an entirely new relationship with that person down the road is possible, but the one you had is done.

At first it feels tough but after a while your brain won't be able to handle the same thoughts over and over again. You will WANT to never think about this person again. That's when the magic happens. You will just look for something more satisfying to think about, I.e. A new goal, work stuff, new SO.

When this happens just go with it. Before you know it, the perso who broke your heart will be a distant memory.

• Like 1

How long do I have to wait to reach that acceptance phase? It's been 2 months and I still hope somewhere he reaches out to me. I still look at items in the grocery store and think about him. I don't think I still have the strength to not take him back if he comes back although I know how toxic our relationship was and how he is the wrong person for me.

I want my recovery to be as fast as possible. Are there any mental tricks to accept it as fast as possible? Or does one have to keep obsessing till one day it does not matter anymore?