by my exes strange behaviour

Libragirl1210

Hi all,

I broke up with my bf at the beginning of January after 3 years together, the reason was because he wasn’t ready to make a commitment and move in together, he wanted to remain friends but I refused as it would just be to hard and thought it best to just walk away. We initially parted on good terms but things quickly got nasty after I confided in a close mutual friend about the demise of our relationship and he called my ex thinking he was helping needless to say my ex wasn’t impressed, this lead to some fights and nastiness and the last time I tried to call my ex to ask if he wanted to collect his stuff from my house my call was ignored and followed up with a text telling me to move on, not contact him and he wants nothing to do with me that was on February 3rd.

We went to a 3week overseas trip in October last year to celebrate my birthday and when we returned my ex thought it would be a great idea to book a cruise for Xmas this year so I agreed so we booked for myself, him and my son and he also asked my brother and his partner and another friend his son and the friends parents to come along, everyone agreed and booked. After the breakup I gave it a few weeks then arranged to have my ex removed from the booking for the cruise then a few weeks after that I returned his half of the money that we paid for the deposit to his account in 2 separate transactions a couple of weeks apart. After I sent the 2nd transfer i assumed he would’ve seen the transfers from me in his account but sent a text to let him know but discovered he had blocked my number so I sent an email instead to let him know I had sent his money, he responded the next day saying he had seen and thanks. I left it at that and decided to go permanent no contact because I really just wanted to move on with my life.

About 2 and a half weeks later I received an email from my ex he asked me how things were going and said he hasn’t received $100 from me yet, I found this strange as I had already told him i’d Sent the money in my previous email but I replied and just said things were good and gave him the date that I made the transfer and the reference, he replied 20 minutes later and said all good I have checked thanks. But then the next week the mutual friend who is going on the Xmas cruise text me to see how I was going and told me my ex has booked to go on the cruise alone, this threw me I don’t understand why he would want to be stuck on the same ship as me for 9 nights and now I feel like I am in a limbo and can’t truly move on until after December when it’s all over. After saying he wanted nothing to do with me and telling me to move on why would he do this, it’s inevitable that we will see each other and I just find it really strange that his going. What should I do? I’m feeling very frustrated

Take yourself off the cruise and don't go. He's just pushing you around, that's all. He wants a chance to show you how he can flirt with other women in front of you and ignore you for the duration. Sincerely, this is not fun. Get yourself out of the cruise if you can. If not, give the ticket to someone. And don't tell him until it's too late for him to cancel his own. Well, don't tell him at all, but you'll have to tell the others at some point, but wait.

He's trying to get back with you in a sneaky way. I would cancel if I was you but with all the other people that are going too it may be inconsiderate. I'm curious now, what sign is he? I'm a Libra too.

You broke up with him (for good reasons) but he can't have been very happy about that. Then, you took him off the holiday booking without consulting him. I can see why you did that, but looking at it from his point of view, it must have seemed like you were making decisions about his holiday without him having a say.

Granted, he was not responding to messages very well so he cannot expect you to consult him unless he makes it easier.

He probably thought he'd book himself on the holiday and go after all, to show he is not going to be pushed around and also to be with the relatives/friends who were already booked. It is of course very awkward that you will end up crossing paths.

I agree with others that the best way out of this is to cancel your own booking and do something else instead. He can control what he does but he cannot control what you do.

• Author
Libragirl1210
He's trying to get back with you in a sneaky way. I would cancel if I was you but with all the other people that are going too it may be inconsiderate. I'm curious now, what sign is he? I'm a Libra too.

He is an Aquarius. Supposed to be a good match for Libra but I find them hard to deal with lol

• Author
Libragirl1210

I have considered cancelling the cruise but unfortunately as my son and other relatives are also going that is not really an option plus I will lose my deposit $600.

I have heard from him again a few days ago via email to say Happy Easter then I received another email at 2am in the morning with a link to a YouTube video about a cruise ship ironically lol. He was initially very angry so I’m assuming he has gotten over that now and is testing the water with me, I am not sure if he is aware that I know he has booked to go on the cruise on his own, i’m not really too sure exactly what his up to to be honest. It’s all very strange. He doesn’t want to make a commitment but does these weird things, it’s very confusing