Heartbroken, I'm depressed

Thingsfallapart

I’m so heartbroken I’ve just been laying in my bed drinking whisky. When the whisky was gone I drank beer. And then I drank a bottle of mouth wash.

I can’t get out of bed

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed non productive topic
healing light

how long ago was this? Drinking mouthwash can be lethal. A call to poison control might be in order.

Are you REALLY sure you don't want to marry and have children with your ex? Or has the break up changed your mind?

• Author
Thingsfallapart

I wanted to get back together but she is already dating a new guy who was probably lined up some time before breakup

I wanted to get back together but she is already dating a new guy who was probably lined up some time before breakup

Sorry to hear that. How do you know that?

And does it mean that you were willing to marry and have children with her after all?

She wanted marriage and children. You didn't want that and you dumped her. Why would she bother with you any further?

• Author
Thingsfallapart

Well, because Basil, if I may be so bold, there’s supposed to be a little thing called LOVE!!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away

Well, because Basil, if I may be so bold, there’s supposed to be a little thing called LOVE!!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away

Ok, maybe when you get sober/better, you can answer my question. Do you want her back, because you've realized that you want to have children and marry her?

ExpatInItaly

Do you have a family member or good friend you can call, OP?

You are losing control, and need the sort of help a message board cannot provide.

You loved her but did not want to marry and have kids. She loved you, but she wants a family and be a mother. Love is not always enough.

Let her go, and block her, don't continue to keep track of her life happenings then you can move on and heal. You guys were not compatible and have very different life goals. Getting back together will only be wasting more time (especially for her) and essentially just kicking the can further down the road.

• Like 1
  • Author
Thingsfallapart

Lost1981,

It seems we are on opposite sides of the coin.

To answer your question.

Yes. I love her. I want her back and have been calling eachother. I told her IÂ’d have a child and marry in the future and that since I lost her I realised how much I had made a mistake.

IÂ’m not sure about your situation. But if your guy really loves you, he will come back and beg you for a 2nd chance. My woman has already moved on it seems as she has been having coffee meet ups with some guy and she isnÂ’t sure to take me back now... hence the drinking and melt down.

• Author
Thingsfallapart

For Jeoung,

is this how it works?

in this room

the hours of love

still make shadows.

when you left

you took almost

everything.

I kneel in the nights

before tigers

that will not let me be.

what you were

will not happen again.

the tigers have found me

and I do not care.

Lost1981,

It seems we are on opposite sides of the coin.

To answer your question.

Yes. I love her. I want her back and have been calling eachother. I told her IÂ’d have a child and marry in the future and that since I lost her I realised how much I had made a mistake.

IÂ’m not sure about your situation. But if your guy really loves you, he will come back and beg you for a 2nd chance. My woman has already moved on it seems as she has been having coffee meet ups with some guy and she isnÂ’t sure to take me back now... hence the drinking and melt down.

Thank you for the answer. I really hope you get better soon.

I think that when a relationship ends, it's hard to be rational. I think you're willing to compromise and agree on anything just to make the pain stop. I'm there right now...I'm so close to contacting him and tell him that I'll give up children for him. That's my depressed, hurt heart talking. My rational mind tell me to hold on to my wish for children and that's why I haven't contacted him.

In my thread people tell me that the child issue hasn't anything to do with love. I'm not sure I believe that, but it helps me to think that way.

Mouthwash can contain ingredients that when ingested cause blindness, organ failure and death.

You need to seek out face to face assistance for your heartbreak, your behavior is very concerning. Please seek help beyond this forum. You quoted the Bible - seek religious counseling if nothing else.

• Author
Thingsfallapart

Lost1981,

Difference between you and my ex is that she is 27...

but if he loves you, your guy, he will come back and at least try and negotiate something where you can both be happy. Maybe you should think about negotiating too, no?

You can’t just say I want marriage or Kids or its over! That’s not love.

Loving is about reaching agreements.

ExpatInItaly
Expat,

I’m an old fool living in Korea. I have no one.

Then you need to locate a therapist and medical support.

• Author
Thingsfallapart

The mouth wash isnÂ’t the issue here!

If it makes everyone shut up about it IÂ’ll say that it wasnÂ’t true.

• Author
Thingsfallapart

That’s the problem with your weak generation Expat!

Any little problems and it’s run off for therapy.

Poor me

Poor me

Pour me another drink thanks

The mouthwash is a symptom of how deep into your despair you are. It indicates you don't care if you harm yourself in order to try and feel better.

Do you disagree with seeking counseling?

• Author
Thingsfallapart

I know what will fix all my problems

I’ll just go NC, right??

Block her

That’ll fix EVERYTHING won’t it!?!?

• Author
Thingsfallapart

I don’t need to see a quack !

I’m fine!

I just want people to listen to my ranting and then suggest NO CONTACT like they do for every other thread on this site!

Capiche?