Ex matched me on Tinder

Commongoal123

After 3 months of going NC after she broke up with me, we are now matched with each other on Tinder, and she sent me a message.

Her reason for swiping right?

She was curious to see what would happen and if I considered her a friend.

She continued with a few more messages, without any inquiry from me, defending her reasoning that this is about seeing if I considered her a friend.

(She's using something I wrote in my profile about friends as her justification)

Explaining herself when I didn't ask any questions to begin with sure explains a whole lot more.

Pump and dump, at the very most. That's all an ex-gf who dumped you deserves. She'll dump you again if you give her another chance.

• Author
Commongoal123
Pump and dump, at the very most. That's all an ex-gf who dumped you deserves. She'll dump you again if you give her another chance.

She's not even worth that.

She knows she ****ed up.

She's not even worth that.

She knows she ****ed up.

Looks like the grass wasn't greener. It rarely is...

SHE broke up with you.

Women dumpers tend to like to make friends of exes, it is good for the ego and an ex especially one who is still a bit besotted can make a great friend.

Be careful.

Million.to.1

ok... but why did you swipe right?

If you have no intention to talk / remain friends/ reconnect/ or whatever, just unmatch her.

She has stated that she views you as a "friend" and the match was just to see if you have moved on enough to "be friends" ie: you don't care that she is moving on and don't have ill feelings over the break-up or her.

If you are still feeling pain about the relationship ending or her actions towards you and you truly want to move forward, severe any connection until/if you are more indifferent.

• Like 1
  • Author
Commongoal123
ok... but why did you swipe right?

If you have no intention to talk / remain friends/ reconnect/ or whatever, just unmatch her.

She has stated that she views you as a "friend" and the match was just to see if you have moved on enough to "be friends" ie: you don't care that she is moving on and don't have ill feelings over the break-up or her.

If you are still feeling pain about the relationship ending or her actions towards you and you truly want to move forward, severe any connection until/if you are more indifferent.

Let me be clear that I am not posting this out of need for support, but because I find this entertaining, and as a story for other people to read who may be going through a hard time and maybe gain some hope.

I'd rather not publicly post my reasons for swiping right.

I reached indifference a while ago, so no worries there. I've learned a lot of lessons through hardships with other ex's and similar situations. NC is incredibly important, but not to get your ex back. It is for yourself.

NC may cause them to come back to you, but hopefully by then you'll be over it. In this case, in my time of NC, I've lost about 15 pounds and have been training physically. I'm in better shape than I've been in a decade, and am still improving.

Regarding my ex, she never said she wanted to be friends or views me as a friend. She used a line in my profile as an excuse and a cover for contacting me.

There's no doubt in my mind that she regrets her decision to break up, and I derive that judgement from many different objective decisions.

Edited by Commongoal123
  • Like 1

I derive great satisfaction from threads such as this, so thanks for posting! And good for you, ignoring her. I wouldn't respond to her again.

My ex contacted me with some cheesy little icebreaker and I just deleted it. Like I would ever talk to her again after how she acted - get a frickin' clue. She'd have to type out some massive, heartfelt apology with proof that she was in therapy. Just.No.

• Author
Commongoal123
I derive great satisfaction from threads such as this, so thanks for posting! And good for you, ignoring her. I wouldn't respond to her again.

My ex contacted me with some cheesy little icebreaker and I just deleted it. Like I would ever talk to her again after how she acted - get a frickin' clue. She'd have to type out some massive, heartfelt apology with proof that she was in therapy. Just.No.

Thank you for the appreciation.

And I agree. What planet does she live on? Even with a heartfelt apology, I still have more self respect these days than to accept her back into my life.