exgirlfriend coming back...

So.. last week my ex girlfriend from 4 years ago decided to send me a hello. I have been doing pretty well on my own without her after all this time, however a simple greeting has brought back some feelings. I thought it was best to ignore her, which I did.

Today she has followed up asking how I am, and why I am ignoring her.

In my stupidity I'm actually thinking about what to do... some of my friends have said to block her. However she was someone I spent everyday with for 3 years. So these memories are hard to dismiss and not helping me seek clarity of the situation.

I've been very ill the past 4 months, so maybe health anxiety is causing me to over complicate something that shouldn't be difficult. Feel like a idiot for even contemplating replying to her.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by Bloke
  • Author
How did you guys end things?

She broke up over a phone call. Went cold immediately. Dragged along as "friends" for 2 weeks before contact stopped both ways. It was ruthless.

I don't think about it much anymore... until this week.

Continue with NC. Block her and don't reply especially when thinking about her brings back the hurt. You don't want this to set you back from moving forward.

Ask her what she wants ?

I mean that’s what I would do because I’d like to know and if it’s simetgjng selfish or dumb block her on the spot and don’t even reply

Unless you ended on good terms, it would be like buying back your old car, same issues and more mileage. Tread carefully with this one.