need for my breakup

RandomGreekDude

hello everyone im new here,my name is bill im from greece

and im devastated right now (im 24 right now,she is 22)

I met a girl 3 years ago,i was thinking lets just have fun,nothing serious..lets see how things turn out.

It turned out i have found a sweet,kind,loyal girl,we didnt have much in common,but we enjoyed each others company quite a lot,we were trying new things,experiences and stayed together up untill recently where she broke up with me.

Our first real fight was a little after the end of our 1st year,after this fight the relationship changed forever,she wanted to become an actress,i couldnt deal with the fact that she would kiss other guys,even for a play...i just couldnt stand the thought of it,so we fought a ton of times for this reason.

She was having a hard time because of the other acting students,everyone was selfish and she couldnt stand it,and even her own boyfriend was against the acting industry for the reason i told you above.

after 9 months she quit,because of her fights with the other students but also because of me.

after that she hold it against me for so long,she was getting angry so easily because i didnt support her when i should,the relationship turned from '''magical'' to a normal one where fights were a common thing.

a few months later i quit my job,i wasnt happy with it while she was telling me no.

a few weeks later she told me she got out with a guy she was talking with on instagram,she didnt do anything flirty or sexual with him (from her side at least)but it hurted me so much,reason she did this was because of my behavior during her acting career and because i quit my job.

it was so painful to me,it took me weeks even months to forget it,our relationship managed to survive.

We had fights just like every couple,but the happy moments were more ...much more often.

her first trip in a relationship was me

her first time to a ton of places (beach,mountain,parks,cafe,bars)was me

she stayed with me during my military service

she stayed with me during my 2 surgeries

we were sick together,and healthy together...

we got our driving licences when we were together

we got our c2 english degrees while we were together

our computer degree when we were together

her first whole night in the beach was with me

we both adopted 2 cats when we were together

the sex was great,she was willing to do things she never done with another guy,her decision of course

we made plans,plans she first talked about,living together,moving abroad for a better future,having kids together,she was even thinking about baby names ,we wanted to be done with our colleges,get our c2 english degrees,computer degree,german and french degrees and move abroad...thing is the 2 last wishes might never come true.

she used to complain about things like me having a job and practice driving (my father has a car i can borrow)but i was so lazy....why was i so lazy,i used to find excuses all the time,and was doing any of those things

we fought 4 times over those,4 big fights and i told her i would find a job and take the car,learn how to drive and go on dates like a couple instead of using the train.

i was searching for a job,but not like i meant it,i was taking the car for 2-3 times and then i would quit doing it,i dont know why...im an idiot.

but she kept forgiving me,i thought she would NEVER leave me.

but she did...1.5 week ago,we were staying at home for 1.5 month,going out to parks and to pay bills,no dates...nothing...why couldnt i propose something?she kept proposing things and i was saying ''we'll see'',she was emotionally weak at that period,studying too much,sleeping too little,fighting with me,fighting with her best friend,they stopped talking,and i wouldnt even get her to dates.

i remember she kept.....SHE KEPT TELLING ME.....lets go for a drink

lets dress into something for this greek holiday

take the car so we can go on trips together

find a job so we can stop living this miserable life and so we can go on dates and do things more often (she couldnt work herself,because her college takes 9-10 hours of her everyday time)

lets go and watch a boxing fight

lets go to a hotel for our 3 year anniversary

read a book so we can talk about it (i wouldnt even do that...)

i dismissed those things like an idiot,because i didnt realise they were important,up until now

were she broke up with me,but she was telling me for so long and i wouldnt listen

my life is miserable right now,i lost her she was precious to me.

1 week before we break up she was so happy with me,she had her problems but we were having so much fun and she was telling me how happy she was,she was coming at my place to stay the night more often,and telling me she wanted to stay together soon.

a week after that,i told her i'll read the book untill Wednesday,i was going to read it all at once wednesday night i thought it was 20 chapter so i was thinking no big deal,i scrolled down that night and they were 22 more chapters i didnt know about.i told her i couldnt make it because of that and she got so dissapointed,she avoided me for the rest of the week,i was asking her are you okay?she told me she was just tired,friday night she told me she needs space,to work on herself.

i paniced,i begged and promised to change for the next 2-3 days she was ignoring me,at tuesday we spoke in person,she told me she cant trust me anymore for our future,i always ignore my responsibilities and dont act like a man of my age.she told me she needs more space and broke up with me.for the next days i was trying to win her back with pictures and words...

she told me that i was making her angrier and called it ''emotional abuse''she also said that even i do these things now its too late,something has changed for her.i left her alone for 4 days

and came back a changed person,i had 6 job interviews,took the car for 2 hours a day and became pretty good with it,and offered to drive her to her college (87 km drive)and then i can buy us some drinks and talk about the book that i read.

''i'll think about it'' she replied,of course she wouldnt accept but she wouldnt say it.

the same day,i was emotionally unstable,i was getting ideas that it might be someone else,i was waiting for her in front of her house,saw her going out,called her...didnt answer.sent her a message on instagram to stop ignoring me,and she replied ''what's up?'' i want to talk to you i replied and then she said ''we're done can you realise that?''

and i waited there for 4.5 hours until she came back,a guy brought her home with his car

she told me a couple of times that this guy drives the whole squad to their places,and that the only think i care about is if someone steals her from me instead of the things that actually matter.

i told her im sorry for everything i've done,named each one of my mistakes and promised to change,no just words this time,i even brought my car with me to drive her around so she can see im actually doing things for this relationship.

she told me that everything reminds her of me and that she misses me but she believes that we should stay apart for some time,and work on ourselves,she said she wanted to work on her insecuries,and that ever since she was young she was always in a relationship and that she wants to experience how it's like to be alone.

she also said how proud she is of me,because im doing all those things in only 4 days.

but her decision wouldnt change...i stopped preassuring her and asked her if she wants to go for a drive.during our driving she was looking at me,so proud telling me how happy she is for me,but still...her decision wouldnt change.

we sat in the car talking,i suddently grabbed her and kissed her,she didnt resist,she seemed to like it.

''come in the back sit'' i asked,she didnt resist either,we had the most passionate sex we ever had.

after that we cuddled telling each other the things we miss about each other,but even then,...her decision wouldnt change

im afraid this guy might take her from me,all the things she ever complained about me not having,he has them...all

he is hard working,with ambitions.

she said nothing goes on bewteen them,i believe her...she was always kind and honest with me,but i think he is going to try and take her from me.

after 5 hours of talking,cuddling and kissing,i drived her to my place,and told her ''i want to walk you home just like the old times'' instead of using the car.

and so i did,walk her home (4 blocks away)while holding hands,i left her at her place,told her how much i love her,kissed her hugged her and said goodnight.

the next morning i found out i got blocked on instagram.

she believes that we didnt push each other to grow

she said i dont know,we might be together in the future or not,i really dont know,i just need alone time to think.

and this is the 2nd day of no contact at all,and im scared that i've already lost her

please give me your opinion on this matter,is it over?

You have no job, you don't want a job, what do you do all day long? What are you doing with your life? I can see why she lost patience with you all day, you appear to have no motivation and you describe yourself as extremely lazy. Hate to say it but she probably made the right call.

I think she made the right call too. She probably realised that as it stands, you are not the one for her and she cannot see a meaningful future with you. You are unemployed, don't want to work, don't want to go on dates with her, don't want to do things with her, not supportive of her dream to be an actress, and not supportive when she ran into problems with her best friend and her acting classmates. What kind of role do you actually play in her life then?

Your attempts now to drive, to read a book, look for a job and do all that she's suggested is probably too little too late. All the suggestions she made to you was her trying to get you inspired to grow to improve and to better yourself. This is reflective in her comments that she's proud of you. But are you doing all these now is because you want her back? Have you given any thought about improving, growing and bettering yourself? Or would you end up slipping back to your lazy and uninspired existence once she is back? She can encourage and nudge but at the end of the day, she is not responsible for your growth.

I'd say give her the space she needs to sort her thoughts out and work on herself. You should work on yourself too, whether it's this list of things she suggested or you find your own interests and areas you want to develop. Some time apart can be very helpful for both you and her decide your course in life and what you want in a life partner.

ExpatInItaly
I think she made the right call too. She probably realised that as it stands, you are not the one for her and she cannot see a meaningful future with you. You are unemployed, don't want to work, don't want to go on dates with her, don't want to do things with her, not supportive of her dream to be an actress, and not supportive when she ran into problems with her best friend and her acting classmates. What kind of role do you actually play in her life then?

Yes, all of this. And yes, OP, you have already lost her.

You need to be the kind of partner you want. You cannot reasonably expect a supportive, driven woman to be satisfied with an unmotivated and indifferent boyfriend. The issue isn't that this other guy is going to "take" her from you; she was already gone. Sure, he looks that much shinier now in comparison to a dead-end relationship, but this more than likely would have happened even if this specific guy had not caught her eye. He isn't the main problem.

It's too late now, as the damage is already done, but take these as important lessons moving forward so the same thing doesn't happen with a future girlfriend. You surely aren't happy with your current place in life, with no job and no prospects?

Simple Logic

You can not have a future with someone who is content doing nothing in the here and now. Sounds like she is done with you.

• Author
RandomGreekDude
You have no job, you don't want a job, what do you do all day long? What are you doing with your life? I can see why she lost patience with you all day, you appear to have no motivation and you describe yourself as extremely lazy. Hate to say it but she probably made the right call.

i used to choose a future i dont really like,i graduated from a culinary college

turns out i dont like this job

she convinved me to do something i love even though im already 24,so i started a new career (bachelor in dietetics)

and we started collecting degrees together so we can live comfortable,its not that i wasnt doing anything

i could do more though...

• Author
RandomGreekDude

Your attempts now to drive, to read a book, look for a job and do all that she's suggested is probably too little too late. All the suggestions she made to you was her trying to get you inspired to grow to improve and to better yourself. This is reflective in her comments that she's proud of you. But are you doing all these now is because you want her back? Have you given any thought about improving, growing and bettering yourself? Or would you end up slipping back to your lazy and uninspired existence once she is back? She can encourage and nudge but at the end of the day, she is not responsible for your growth.

I'd say give her the space she needs to sort her thoughts out and work on herself. You should work on yourself too, whether it's this list of things she suggested or you find your own interests and areas you want to develop. Some time apart can be very helpful for both you and her decide your course in life and what you want in a life partner.

im slowly losing hope

but i keep doing this things even if she wont come back up (i hope she does)

there are some things though...that look weird,she didnt give me a clear answer,she just said ''lets stay apart''

and she doesnt even delete our instagram photos,the photos we look as a couple

i dont know if that's positive,or if im just overanalyzing things