FaceTime call from ex

Background:

My ex left me for someone who he was seeing behind my back, this was at the end of Oct. They ended 3 weeks after (haha). Haven't spoken since the day we ended it.

Flash-forward to this past Friday:

My phone crashed and I lost all my pictures since August. I wanted this one picture I had snapchatted my ex when we were together - he had saved it in our snapchat convo history. I pulled the picture up and screenshotted it (it was a pic of me). I didn't realize it was going to notify him that I took a screenshot. I was embarrassed

Anyways a couple hours later he messages me "?". I didn't respond, clearly it was a mistake and I didn't owe him an answer. The next morning he Facetimed me. I didn't answer but I texted him and said "Saw I missed your call, I'll call you in 10 minutes". He responded with "Sorry, it was a butt dial. No worries"

A FACETIME BUTT DIAL?! I have't talked to him on the phone for 5 months... Is he trying to play games with me or am I reading to much into this?

ExpatInItaly

I don't know if he's trying to play games, but I have indeed butt-dialed someone on FaceTime myself before.

I think you're reading too much into it.

No, he's not trying to play games. He simply saw that you screenshot a photo and thought he'd say hi. Then you ignored him twice and replied with just a text. He realised he was wasting his time contacting you and backed out.