LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Did he try to fool me? Was he fake to begin with?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree5Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2019, 8:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Rinalia, you were with him for only two months! No sensible person should be serious this early in. This is the period where you get to know each other - deciding whether or not to be serious comes after this stage.

Why are you so hung up on this guy? Two months should barely be a blip in your radar.
Well because he was on the site looking for marriage and he said this from the moment we talked and asked about my future plans and if I was ready to get married so everything was in that direction. Because although it lasted two months it was a whirlwind and very intense and seemed like a whole year. Also because I"m very picky and I let someone in and can't imagine that I was an idiot to not realize he was genuine which is why i'm asking and trying to understand. I can't believe someone who was chasing me like that, cried for me, stayed on phone all night for me. Trust me it seemed SO much longer than 2 months. He invited me as his gf to physicians dinner as his date which was our 3rd date.
Old 8th March 2019, 9:09 PM   #17
Established Member

I guess from this, just learn to slow it down. Do not trust someone who "love bombs" you. They may be unstable, for starters. Secondly, could be just playing you. I don't know what his deal was, but what I do know is you didn't really know him long enough to trust him. That's the take-away. Sorry it happened to you. I can see if he was a deacon, you might have assumed his ethics were good, but again, they might not be, plus he could just have some mental/behavioral issues himself.

Better luck next time.
Old 8th March 2019, 9:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
I guess from this, just learn to slow it down. Do not trust someone who "love bombs" you. They may be unstable, for starters. Secondly, could be just playing you. I don't know what his deal was, but what I do know is you didn't really know him long enough to trust him. That's the take-away. Sorry it happened to you. I can see if he was a deacon, you might have assumed his ethics were good, but again, they might not be, plus he could just have some mental/behavioral issues himself.

Better luck next time.
So definitely wasn't marriage-minded?
Closed Thread