Should have listened to my head

I should of listened to my head instead if my heart. After I wrote the letter and gave it to my ex things seemed to be going well and she left the door open for a possibility on time. We kept in contact and talked once in awhile, but she slowly began ignoring my texts and it went days with no response, yet she was active on social media.

I went to ask what was wrong and she said she wasnt sure about us. She stated our previous relationship was too toxic and caused her to feel horrible emotions which took a toll on her and her school work. She states now she can do what she wants and feels more free. She said I only used her for sex and was crude. When we ended the relationship I was still dealing with depression and we agreed to friends with benefits.

Over time she began getting feelings and kept trying to bring us back together, but I was not ready. Now that everything is working out for me and I tried again, she doesnt believe the words I say and doesnt want to go through the troubles again with me. I'm sorry for ranting I had to get this out of my head. I should of stayed no contact and shouldn't have pursued. I thought why not because I only got 1 shot, I shouldn't have taken that chance. It hurts just as much as the breakup to hear her say all that and more.

I didn't want to be rude or seem like a horrible guy so I kept saying I understand and apologized. I believe this is how she felt when she tried getting with me while I was depressed. It hurts so much

It hurts because now this break up is real. Before you two were ripping the band-aid off slowly, trying not to cause more pain. You were still in contact. One wanted to try; the other didn't. Now the tables are turned.

Over the course of this break up process she has now discovered that she can live without you so she's feeling confident enough to totally end it.

You will get through this but you do have to give up hope that she's coming back.

Work on controlling your depression. In time you will be ready for a new healthy relationship