A Bit Over It Rant - Join In

I'm a bit over the whole thing of breakups. It's so annoying and kinda lame. People meet someone, get to know them, become friends, get in a relationship. And then, someone dumps the other person, (in some cases it's like, get your s*** together and stick with it). And then there's all the aftermath of the breakup. It's so dumb, I'm not expressing myself very well. But yea.... And then there's the dating thing, of trying to find someone.

Rant finished for the time being.

Edited by MeadowFlower
  • Like 1
Happy Lemming

There is only aftermath of a breakup, if you allow it.

When a woman dumps me, before she can finish her "I don't want to see you anymore" speech, I'm out the door and figuring out where I can find her replacement. I don't try to change her mind or really say much of anything. Within 1 minute, I've deleted her number and e-mail address. I don't care what her reasons are or what she has to say. I'm moving on and I won't be contacting her in the future.

NEXT!!

yep... everything is amazing, they tell you they love you for the first time, the next day they pull away, two days later they leave you because they "lost feelings".

Kinda sick of giving my all to guys who are too immature/scared to commit longer than a few months.

• Author

When a woman dumps me, before she can finish her "I don't want to see you anymore" speech, I'm out the door and figuring out where I can find her replacement. I don't try to change her mind or really say much of anything. Within 1 minute, I've deleted her number and e-mail address. I don't care what her reasons are or what she has to say. I'm moving on and I won't be contacting her in the future.

NEXT!!

Do you not feel anything???

• Like 2
  • Author
yep... everything is amazing, they tell you they love you for the first time, the next day they pull away, two days later they leave you because they "lost feelings".

Kinda sick of giving my all to guys who are too immature/scared to commit longer than a few months.

Do they not know how to differentiate between infatuation and love or even genuine liking someone. It's like don't get carried away to start with, if it isn't real. And then say they "lost feelings".

Happy Lemming
Do you not feel anything???

Of course I have feelings, but if she has decided to dump me why should attempt to change her mind or listen to her put me down. Also, why should I sit home and be upset, that isn't going to do any good. Best to go out, get social, try to pep myself back up, get my mind off of her and if by chance I find her replacement, all the better.

Do they not know how to differentiate between infatuation and love or even genuine liking someone. It's like don't get carried away to start with, if it isn't real. And then say they "lost feelings".

Literally! Don't spend six months obsessing over me acting head over heels only to cut and run (for the second time) the second your feelings get too overwhelming.

Pain helps us grow. It is so difficult.

I would not have the love joy and peace that I have now without enduring the breakup a couple of years ago.

It’s only in our brokenness that light can shine thru.

Sending love and peace to you on this journey.

Lol. Ironic that she felt trapped by how committed I was. Her famly and ssome of her friends were always saying how lucky she was to find a guy who put up with her, didn't bolt when things got hard and was willing to commit long term all in her early twenties. Her mother even told her that I might be the guy she had always dreamed of and she should think carefully before letting me go. My best female friend said the same thing.

Perhaps this is why she wanted us to still hang out and act like we were dating without the romance and intimacy. She wanted me to still come over and spend time with her family while she "rediscovered herself". Nope. I walked and now she feels like I abandoned her and she hates me for it.

The Dude Abides

NEXT!!

Buddy, I have to say I admire you :DLOL, I have no need to be able to do this ever again in this lifetime (I hope and pray that I am with Mrs Dude until we are both on our deathbeds), but still, holy crap you are an inspiration to guys heading toward a break up !

Happy Lemming
Buddy, I have to say I admire you :DLOL, I have no need to be able to do this ever again in this lifetime (I hope and pray that I am with Mrs Dude until we are both on our deathbeds), but still, holy crap you are an inspiration to guys heading toward a break up !

What good does it do to sit in your home and look at the four walls, or scroll through pictures or re-read texts / e-mails... None.

Moping around and thinking about things that will never happen with that person is completely useless.

Plenty of fish in the sea... You are not going to land the next one by sitting around on your couch feeling sad.

I am glad you are happily married, some people do well in a long term committed relationship. It's just not for me.

• Author

It's like keep your f*****g feelings in check, until you know it's something that is going to last forever. Don't f***en convey that you like me until you're sure it's going to last forever. I'm not interested in your stupid temporary feelings and/or interest in me.

Happy Lemming
I'm not interested in your stupid temporary feelings and/or interest in me.

Pretty much the vast majority of relationships (and feelings) are temporary.

Yes, occasionally someone wins "the lottery" finds their life partner and is married 50, 60, 70 years.

But yes, you have to keep in mind that the person you are dating (or even married to) can decide one day to leave you.

I try to enjoy each day I have with my girlfriend, but I'm also realistic and believe one day we will break up. At that point, I'll have to go seek another.

It's like keep your f*****g feelings in check, until you know it's something that is going to last forever. Don't f***en convey that you like me until you're sure it's going to last forever. I'm not interested in your stupid temporary feelings and/or interest in me.

I think it's a real challenge to accept that people really aren't in control of their feelings.

Sometimes feelings change. That's just the way it is. Sometimes people die, or a situation gets between you and the relationship. Sometimes things just don't work out.

It's painful, but I don't think people are necessarily trying to hurt each other. It's just that life is messy and seldom perfect.

• Author

I try to enjoy each day I have with my girlfriend, but I'm also realistic and believe one day we will break up. At that point, I'll have to go seek another.

That is totally not the way I see it, nor the way I believe it should be. When you are just dating then yes, of course it may not work for one or both parties. But when it comes to a committed relationship or marriage, then that should be forever.

• Author
I think it's a real challenge to accept that people really aren't in control of their feelings.

Sometimes feelings change. That's just the way it is.

Yes, but the guy should keep his flighty feelings in check until he has a solid foundation that he likes the girl, for who she is, not just some undependable feelings.

Yes, but the guy should keep his flighty feelings in check until he has a solid foundation that he likes the girl, for who she is, not just some undependable feelings.

Amen. I hate when girls do that **** too especially when they claim different things happened that weakened their feelings. I'm like, "I experienced these things too. I was even more directly affected yet my feelings either stayed the same or grew stronger." Don't do that to me. Especially not when i have invested 2 years of my life into the relationship and you! I wish fickle people would just marry each other and be miserable.

Happy Lemming
But when it comes to a committed relationship or marriage, then that should be forever.

Oh, I agree with you about marriage. This is one of the reasons I have never married and won't.

Unfortunately, in the real world, the divorce rate is 40% - 50% (United States).