She won’t get her things

So me and my ex broke up around 3 weeks ago and she said she wanted to come get her things so I said ok. When the day came she said she was coming and I think I made the mistake of asking her if she wanted to talk along with getting her stuff and to be honest I thought she would have said no but she agreed but when the time came she made some excuse that she couldn’t come so cool. 5 days later she said she would come to get her stuff and all I said was ok no problem and then she didn’t come to get it and it’s been a week and a half and I haven’t herd a word from her. Looking to for any body’s opinion to why she would say she was then not show up and then also say nothing.

Thanks to anyone who replies

How much stuff is there? If it's only a few things, I'd pack them up and take them to the post office and mail them to her. End of story. If it's a lot of stuff, I'd send her a text -- "You may pick up your stuff on Saturday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. After that, I will be arranging for pick up by the Salvation Army as soon as possible.

And, then I'd ask a few of your buddies to come over on Saturday so that when she arrives, it will be inconvenient to talk . . .

• Like 1
  • Author

Well I already told her that I wasn’t going to be there and that my dad would put it on the steps when she comes so she wasn’t thinking she would even see me

fieldoflavender

Yeah people who can't clean up after the break-up need a hard deadline or else donate all the stuff or sell it. They're just power-tripping you and making you feel bad because they're too selfish to be an adult. My ultimate pet peeve.

• Like 1

Bring her stuff to her -- either drop it off yourself, use an intermediary, or mail it but stop bothering about it.

There is the "nice guy" approach: bring it to her or mail it.

Then there is the NOT so nice guy approach: Leave it out for her and tell her when/where.

Of course, there is the "eff this sh*t, not my problem approach": trash everything if she does not pick it up after a certain amount of time.

And finally, there is the, "smart guy" approach: sell all of her stuff after a certain grace period, and trash what you cannot sell.

• Like 1
fieldoflavender

Yeah it's a tool to try to trap your feelings for them. Don't fall into it. Whatever you do nice or not nice - set a hard hard deadline. They don't get to wimper over it forever.