After almost 8mths, not sure.....

I'm Jay, hi all....

Any of you able to offer any insight into how I can most gracefully end things with my gf of nearly 8 months? I'm 39, she's 29. She lives about an hour &15 minutes away and lives with her parents. She's reacted to things lately and not done a few things which, while not malicious, are signs of a person I don't really think I want to continue on with. Sucks cuz we've been trying to work on things, she's not a bad person but I find myself getting cumulatively frustrated any time something new happens. I'm not 100% sure I want to end things but I'm just about there.

My stomach has been in knots all night at work thinking about what to do. How many times should we try to work on things after not even a full 8 months ya know? Like I hate to ever give up on a relationship but I don't wanna let these feelings fester either...

I just hate to see something I'm a part of fail.

Just tell her it's not working out & end it. Quick, clean & definitive. Don't give her wiggle room or false hope. It doesn't matter why you want out; you want out. You are allowed to end things.

• Like 1