Why did he text me like this?

He took a pic of a car that looked like mine and said i thought this was you. We're not really friends or anything and last time after Christmas I texted him" I hope it's clear why i broke up with you (he hadn't wished merry Christmas even though he was being very flirty and still texting here and there) and he asked why etc and i said if you were genuine you would've asked then so pretty aggressive conversation and despite this he still wished me Happy New Years. And two days ago he sent that. Is he looking for an excuse to talk to me? Why?

It's a breadcrumb. He saw a car that looked like yours. He thought of you & he let you know that he thought of you. That doesn't mean he wants to get back together. He was just being nostalgic.

• Author

Yeah don't really agree with you. It's not like our last convo was the best for him to be nostalgic and it's not like there aren't cars like mine around everywhere....

Yeah don't really agree with you. It's not like our last convo was the best for him to be nostalgic and it's not like there aren't cars like mine around everywhere....

Then perhaps you can tell us what answer you wanted to hear in this post, OP.

It seems you've already decided what his text means, no?