LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Should I break NC?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st January 2019, 7:41 PM   #1

Should I break NC?

To sum a long story up, I met this girl about 2 months ago, we hit it off instantly. Couldn't see each other for about a month due to Christmas break. However, we continued to hit it off once we started hanging out again. We were going on dates, she was introducing me to her close friends, her roommates, etc. Everything was perfect.
Although it felt like we were rushing things, I was fine with it cause it felt right. One night, we went to a concert and she saw some guy who had recently screwed her over (maybe like 2 months ago) and I'd assume with his now girlfriend? That night, she said we had been spending too much time together lately.
Two days later, she broke things off and said she wasn't ready for a serious relationship. We hadn't even talked about a relationship or feelings or anything. Just simply going with the flow. What happened? I've been NC for about a week and a half now (she's liked my insta pics, paid attention to stories,etc). Is it worth breaking the NC and seeing how things are now?
AestheticLifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 7:47 PM   #2
Established Member

Seeing her ex made her realize or remember she’s still not over it. She’s doing the right thing by breaking things off, as she knows she can’t invest in a relationship right now. Let her be.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 8:01 PM   #3
Established Member

She’s telling you she’s emotionally unavailable. She was likely dating you in the hopes of escaping her unresolved feelings for him. Upon seeing the ex realized that she was dating for all the wrong reasons. Liking your social media doesn’t mean she’s interested in being with you. Best to let her go. Stay NC. If she ever returns and wants to pick up where you both left off then proceed from there. Until then, respect her wishes to move on.
Old 31st January 2019, 8:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahara View Post
She’s telling you she’s emotionally unavailable. She was likely dating you in the hopes of escaping her unresolved feelings for him. Upon seeing the ex realized that she was dating for all the wrong reasons. Liking your social media doesn’t mean she’s interested in being with you. Best to let her go. Stay NC. If she ever returns and wants to pick up where you both left off then proceed from there. Until then, respect her wishes to move on.
I guess I just feel like I didn't get closure. She told me how she felt (and that she jumped into it too quick), I responded that I understood, etc , etc. She replied back and I never responded after that. I decided to keep it mature and in the end didn't get any sort of closure since things ended completely out of the blue.
AestheticLifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 8:12 PM   #5
Established Member

But you still won't get closure by contacting her. What do you think will happen when you contact her? She'll throw herself into your arms again, or tell you again that she's not ready? If it's the former, you won't have to contact her, she'll look for you if she wants you. If it's the latter, you'll just feel worse.
Gretchen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2019, 8:48 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AestheticLifestyle View Post
I guess I just feel like I didn't get closure. She told me how she felt (and that she jumped into it too quick), I responded that I understood, etc , etc. She replied back and I never responded after that. I decided to keep it mature and in the end didn't get any sort of closure since things ended completely out of the blue.
She did give you closure. It just wasn’t what you wanted to hear. She told you she was not ready to date. It was very likely because she was not over her ex. Seeing him made her realize she wasn’t dating you for the right reasons. While she did enjoy her time with you, her heart is still with him.

She did you a favor. You’re lucky she did it now rather than 6 months in with you licking your wounds as a rebound.
Zahara is offline   Reply With Quote