Absent goodbyes

Back here again as I have a lot of nostalgia in the past few weeks, so sad because I’m about to relocate without any goodbyes, almost seems like that period in my life with her never existed.

Feeling better as time has taken it’s course, but can’t stop thinking how our lives have taken a totally different path in less than 2 years. Don’t know how she is , what’s going on with her, probably she’s moving on with her life as usual.

How does one completely cope with that? Erase those 3 years , no goodbyes, what are your inputs?

I don't think anyone does with a deep connection. I just think we learn to live with the pain and stay positive that true love is around for all of us still.

• Like 1

I extend my thoughts out to you as facing similar. Except mine ended only 5 weeks ago. I’ve got to leave Ireland for England. I can’t stay here now, alone. It’s been dark with almost constant storms since the night she ended it. Seems apt.

There’s no more goodbyes, we’re in NC. She’s aware I’m going. I think I matter little more than old clothes that need throwing out. Can’t offer advice for you other than if you’re that far down the road, maybe a goodbye will cause even more pain afterwards? I know it would me.

The loss with moving away is as incredible as the relationship. My whole 11 years where I am were due to her. It’s become part of me. Facing an unknown future is frightening. I’d give anything to have my head turned towards the future. Anything. God give me strength.

Best wishes to you. Just go, make it quick and don’t stop to linger. That’s my advice. I cope with things by downplaying them in my head. I hate it being ramped up by myself.

Edited by Twizzlestick
  • Like 1
I extend my thoughts out to you as facing similar. Except mine ended only 5 weeks ago. I’ve got to leave Ireland for England. I can’t stay here now, alone. It’s been dark with almost constant storms since the night she ended it. Seems apt.

There’s no more goodbyes, we’re in NC. She’s aware I’m going. I think I matter little more than old clothes that need throwing out. Can’t offer advice for you other than if you’re that far down the road, maybe a goodbye will cause even more pain afterwards? I know it would me.

The loss with moving away is as incredible as the relationship. My whole 11 years where I am were due to her. It’s become part of me. Facing an unknown future is frightening. I’d give anything to have my head turned towards the future. Anything. God give me strength.

Best wishes to you. Just go, make it quick and don’t stop to linger. That’s my advice. I cope with things by downplaying them in my head. I hate it being ramped up by myself.

I feel for you man, seems you have a huge story with a lot of regret. Hope you find joy and some peace in the future. Life is great and we never know what's around the corner. I always try to stay positive and think the universe has a bigger purpose and I'll be rewarded with not what I want but with what I need. I'm Spanish and I'll tell you a funny story. Spanish people in my region believe in Santeria or witchcraft. It's a cultural thing but I've found relief at times with her predictions. Not saying it's 100% legit but it's nice to get good news towards the future. I was suggested it and I remember when I first sat down she asked me who was Elizabeth ? I was shocked and cried. How would she know that name when I never mentioned it to anyone. Very creep lol

• Like 1
I feel for you man, seems you have a huge story with a lot of regret. Hope you find joy and some peace in the future. Life is great and we never know what's around the corner. I always try to stay positive and think the universe has a bigger purpose and I'll be rewarded with not what I want but with what I need. I'm Spanish and I'll tell you a funny story. Spanish people in my region believe in Santeria or witchcraft. It's a cultural thing but I've found relief at times with her predictions. Not saying it's 100% legit but it's nice to get good news towards the future. I was suggested it and I remember when I first sat down she asked me who was Elizabeth ? I was shocked and cried. How would she know that name when I never mentioned it to anyone. Very creep lol

Thanks Despr8.

I try and tell that to myself too but it doesn’t work I miss her so much. I’m desperate she’ll miss me and come around again like she did before. Aren’t we all? :) I can’t imagine not feeling the same way for her but honestly right now, I’d give anything to, just to stop hurting. :)

Interesting story re the Santeria! I wouldn’t dare go incase they told me something bad and I’d be even more depressed ha