LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Drive-by's

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2019, 4:51 PM   #46
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair View Post
If anyone can come up with the next best suggestion other than calling the police I'd sincerely appreciate it.
First, how do you know he is driving past your house a lot? Are you standing in the window, out in the yard, etc.? I ask because I rarely look out the window to know who is driving past my house. And, the second suggestion is to stop looking to see who is driving past your house. As long as he isn't ringing your door bell or bothering you, just forget about it.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 5:43 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
First, how do you know he is driving past your house a lot? Are you standing in the window, out in the yard, etc.? I ask because I rarely look out the window to know who is driving past my house. And, the second suggestion is to stop looking to see who is driving past your house. As long as he isn't ringing your door bell or bothering you, just forget about it.
yea, maybe he's taking a new route to work or something?

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 5:49 PM   #48
Established Member

Alpha even if he is how would she know this unless she is constantly standing in the yard or looking out the window.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2019, 6:57 PM   #49
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
Alpha even if he is how would she know this unless she is constantly standing in the yard or looking out the window.
I agree stillafool, the OP also has some issues here
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 9:58 PM   #50
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I agree stillafool, the OP also has some issues here
wrong.
I have NOT been watching out the window. I have two big windows in my living room and he drives right past. It's impossible not to see. All I have to do is just glance up. And it's been so frequent... you'd have to be blind.

There. He just did it again as I was typing this... I just glanced up...
Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2019, 10:04 PM   #51
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
yea, maybe he's taking a new route to work or something?
I mean, this is statement... come on, do you really think so? First off, he doesn't have a job... second of all nobody drives past someone's house for hours unless they're obsessed.

Why, may I ask, are you insisting this is MY problem? You seem to have taken a rather hostile stance.

Just because a situation isn't dangerous doesn't make it pleasant or acceptable or something I should just have to put up with.
Old 13th March 2019, 10:06 PM   #52
Established Member

I think the better word, other than stalking, is harassment.

I really don't know what to do. Maybe I'll get a third party to tell him to stop, but not the police. I feel like he's trying to get me to break no contact with his annoying behaviour and I don't want to give him that.

Last edited by Fair; 13th March 2019 at 10:15 PM..
Old 13th March 2019, 10:22 PM   #53
Established Member

Stalking and harassment are all covered by the same state laws. He's spying on you.
Old 13th March 2019, 10:33 PM   #54
Established Member

Quote:

I really don't know what to do. Maybe I'll get a third party to tell him to stop, but not the police. I feel like he's trying to get me to break no contact with his annoying behaviour and I don't want to give him that.
If he's doing this to get you to break no contact, you getting a random 3rd party will probably result in him doing it even more often. You don't really have much options other than to ignore and choose to see it as part of your daily dose of amusement until he gets tired of it. But seems like he's in it for the long haul.
assertives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 4:14 AM   #55
Established Member

Quote:

Sorry it's still going on and nope l certainly don't think it's you with the problem , it would creep most people out even as a guy.
There's some crazy women out there too that won't let go , l had one doing walk bys once at all hours.
l know you don't want contact and l'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.
But maybe you should send him a very brief text that you consider his bs harassment and your going to the cops if he doesn't stop.
They'd probly go knock on his door and talk to him and that'd be enough to stop most sane people.
chillii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 5:58 AM   #56
Established Member

Quote:
There. He just did it again as I was typing this... I just glanced up...
Pull the blinds! If he knows you're not seeing him, he'll get bored with it and give up.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2019, 8:44 AM   #57
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillii View Post
But maybe you should send him a very brief text that you consider his bs harassment and your going to the cops if he doesn't stop.
They'd probly go knock on his door and talk to him and that'd be enough to stop most sane people.
Exactly this. Pull the blinds and ignore him. If he continues, then you have to take it further.

Having the police knock on your door would be a deterrent for most everyone.

You don’t seem to be willing to take any of the advice offered... so, I don’t see much changing.
Old 14th March 2019, 1:36 PM   #58
Established Member

@BaileyB
Someone suggested a third party that isn't the police... that's what I'm going to try first. So, yes I am taking advice.

The police would be embarrassing. It's his word against mine at this point. He'd probably make me look like the one who was cracked. Plus I prefer as little drama in my life as possible.

But I will get rid of him.
Old 14th March 2019, 1:44 PM   #59
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Pull the blinds! If he knows you're not seeing him, he'll get bored with it and give up.
Dark enough in Canada in the winter without living behind closed blinds. At night, fine. In the day, no. I could be sitting in the dark all summer for all I know.
Old 14th March 2019, 1:51 PM   #60
Established Member

Quote:
@BaileyB
Someone suggested a third party that isn't the police... that's what I'm going to try first. So, yes I am taking advice.

The police would be embarrassing. It's his word against mine at this point. He'd probably make me look like the one who was cracked. Plus I prefer as little drama in my life as possible.

But I will get rid of him.
That was my suggestion fair. And by “third party,” I meant police. I personally wouldn’t want to put anyone in the uncomfortable position of sending this kind of message to my ex. What happens if he does become confrontational? That’s not fair to ask someone else to deal with - it’s not their responsibility. I would either text him directly, or call the police.
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote