is it possible for 2 people to remain friends after a relationship?

after a break up is it possible for the 2 people to move on with there love lives and continue to be good friends??? such as jerry and elaine on seinfeld???? i know its only a show but just wanted to use that as an example.

soccorsilly

Sure. I speak with most of my ex GFs and my ex wife. It is rare that there is animosity.

I do suggest that after the breakup, you take 6 months or so to recover and get yourself back on your feet, but after that, shoot an email and just say hi and it shold not be a problem!

not anytime soon-just tried that! I would wait a while...as above staed six months or so after the feelings fade.

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by soccorsilly

I do suggest that after the breakup, you take 6 months or so to recover and get yourself back on your feet, but after that, shoot an email and just say hi and it shold not be a problem!

Perfect advice ..

fundamental
Originally posted by bryan1282

after a break up is it possible for the 2 people to move on with there love lives and continue to be good friends??? such as jerry and elaine on seinfeld???? i know its only a show but just wanted to use that as an example.

I'm in the process of trying the "friends with ex" thing right now. We actually tried to stay friends right after everything ended...and so far...although we haven't had any arguments, it's not working. Everytime we hang out, we start to get closer knowing that a 2nd time around will not work until we resolve the issues from the break up.