early stages of no contact

Today is day two of no contact for me. I'm counting the days, ugh, :(

I kept hoping yesterday that she would contact me, she never did.

I woke up this morning and checked my email first thing, nothing.

I'm forcing myself to get out of the house later and go for a walk or something.

I wish she would just contact me and tell me what's what....even if she is seeing someone new, I just want to know.

I deserve to know whether or not I still have a girlfriend.

Her silence is deafening.

I'm in so much pain.

:(

Phoenix, try looking at it in a different way. Think about it like this: You've been strong for two days now and didnt go running to her. Keep holding your head high, and dont keep staring at your phone/email because the way fate works, you'll see nothing until an hour after you stop thinking about it.

Originally posted by phoenix333

I don't think I've gone 5 minutes without thinking of her. :(

Then get busy. I'm telling you, they can feel the vibes of us pining for them. Once you get interested in another activity, they have a sixth sense that notices the lack of "energy" coming their way.

Sounds crazy but I am convinced.

• Author

I had to laugh at your post, but you know what, I think you might be right!

As much as it hurts to not hear her voice, I am glad that I haven't contacted her.

Maybe she will start wondering how I'm doing?

Maybe I'm the furthest thing from her mind right now?

It is just so unbelievable to me that she can go from "I love you so much" to "I need space" literally overnight!

Maybe she is commitment phobic or has intimacy issues?

She was so open and loving and communicative, we both were, then suddenly she freaks out and needs space?

I just don't understand. Something must be wrong somewhere...seriously, what is wrong with these people? This is not how to treat a person that you love and care for!

I'd rather them tell us they need space instead of waiting till its too late and they did something they cant take back, like cheat- so I guess it could always be worse....

leftmyheartinsf

Hang in there, my friend. If she left you and she wants space...give it. The absolute worst thing you could do is contact her. She knows how you feel so let her come around. If she's trying to back up a little, let her. If you go after her, the space she's trying to create will get smaller because you're moving closer and it will make her back up MORE to get that space she feels she needs. In the meantime, while giving her that space, put your focus back on you...what you want. Do something really fun, whatever makes you laugh, and focus not on what you're NOT getting from her...but focus on what you want...and I truly believe you'll get it. We get that in life which we focus on. It may not come in the package we initially want it to (ie - this girl) but will come in another form. If it's better for you or equally as good...you're not losing a thing!!!!

Originally posted by ck_guy02

But I am moving on.... no contact. If she didn't appreciate me and all the good things I am about... then I am sure I can find someone that will....

If ck_guy can see the truth behind all the smoke and curtains, you will too. Just give yourself (and her) time to think. It cant hurt you when you really think about it. Either its going to bring you closer together, or you'll realize you are making a mistake and wasting eachothers time by staying together.

As stupid as I think this may sound, I am actually beginning to see that giving eachother time is a GOOD thing. It allows lots of consideration and time does wonders on the mind.

Crazy, isnt it? Last week at this time, I thought my life had just fallen apart, and now look what I am saying. I'd have never EVER guessed!

I am with you Phoenix...my ex bf did the same exact thing, stayed over nite on a wednesday as usual, took a check from me thursday morning for our planned vacation, texted me thursday nite to say good nite i love you then broke up with me friday, i was devastated....and its now been 11 weeks and he isnt trying to get me back : ( Maybe they are commitment phobes...all of my signs point to yes.

But he does email me from time to time and we work together so we were seeing each other frequently in the halls or the gym. Since so much time has passed, well not sooo much time but 2.5 months i decided that when he contacts me it makes me start all over. Its a vicious cycle, he emails, i respond then he decides when the email conversation is over. basically he just wants to resurface to get my attention again and make sure he still has me...it sucks! So I decided to change my gym schedule and if he does try and email me again i am not responding. I have to gain my self respect back!!!