This.......HURTS! :(

I am heartbroken, we have been together for 8 years until she finally told me it was over..Her reasoning behind it was we have just grown apart. It was very difficult to understand because she told me she wanted to marry me a month prior to all of this happening. I was SHOCKED! I asked her if it was me what did I do wrong? She told me it wasn't me that It was her.. She was supposed to get a promotion at work but it didn't fall into place like she thought it would..So she became depressed and sad..I tried to encourage her and tell her that everything would be just fine..she agreed and said that it wasn't the end of the world..but something still wasn't right. A week after her news about her job.. she tells me that we needed to talk.

She told me she needed time away from me..to give her some space..Although I didn't want to.. I thought if it would make her happy then it was just for the best.. She leaves and doesn't text me..she blocks me from all of her social media accounts...I felt empty..but I still had hope she would come back around.

Another week passed, when she finally broke the news to me that she could no longer do this anymore. As a man, I cried..I loved this girl..planned to marry her.. I just started a new job so we were both planning to buy a house within the next year.. She ended this so abruptly I felt alone abandoned and just outright empty inside..I love her so much.. but if its the end..then I have to let her go and be free.. but how can you let go so easily after being with someone for almost a decade? IT HURTS SO BAD!! I miss her dearly...because she is never coming back.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear bud.

Look after yourself.

Life moves on - if she could walk away after 8, she could walk away after 10.

Take this time to become a better, stronger you.

DrReplyInRhymes

Cherish the time you had with her, if it was a good relationship and all,

The things you control are your emotions and how you react to the fall,

Cry, mourn, miss her dearly, but remember to take care of yourself as well,

Hit the gym, don't pine after her, you'll be better with time, in time you will tell.

I heard a quote once that applies to you, I may have the wrong words slightly,

"When you have them, hold on tightly, but when you lose them, let go lightly."

Hey, I completely understand what you are going through. My girlfriend of 3 years dumped me back in June, and it was and still is the most painful thing that I've ever experienced. It is getting easier though, so don't think that'll you'll be this depressed forever.

A lot of people on this forum suggest dumpees to just move on, and honestly that probably is the best for some situations (including mine), but sometimes there is hope. If you want her back, you need to stay strong. Give her the space that she is asking for and don't EVER reach out to her. She broke up with you so she needs to win you back now. At the moment, there is nothing you can do to change her mind. Dumpers kind of go through this "high" after a break up, and it takes them some time to come back down to reality. This can take weeks sometimes months. You'll notice this moment when the negative feelings of the breakup begin to diminish. During this time she will most likely reach out. When she does reach out, you need to play it cool, and don't cry for her to come back to you.

Now I'm not sure what exactly caused the breakup. I never believe the cliche it's not you, it's me line. Are there any hints that may have led to this breakup?

• Like 1
  • Author

@Orokotikki Easier said than done, I guess there's no other way but up.

@DrReplyInRhymes That was cool, but also relieving thank you for that!

@Metroknox Honestly, there were no hints at all, it's like one day we were happy kissing hugging you know showing affection for one another and then BOOM! She hits me with that.. Like I said she was very depressed by her job, I talked to a couple of my friends and they're saying it might be someone else? While I hope that's not the reason.. either way I just want her to be happy.