Is he on the rebound?

hurting4him

We have been together for 5 years and he is the love of my life. I have completely devoted myself to him. At the end of April weird things started happening .. he started calling me baby or babe instead of his regular nicknames. I got suspicious and checked his voicemail and there was a msg from another girl calling him sweetie and missing his voice. Keep in mind he travels - A lot! I called him on it and he said she was nobody and he denied it. We kinda broke up and then we talked and he came home a few weeks later and we had an amazing weekend. The last night I talked to him about it again and we had this huge fight and he left for Chicago the next day. I haven't seen him since. But that night instead of calling me he called this girl (who live in LA). We'll I broke up with him. I wanted him to fight for me and he did but I ignored him. I was so hurt. He kept telling me she was a friend and it meant nothing to him. 8 days after I broke up with him he met some girl in Chicago and they have been glued to the hips ever since. I had a good talk with him and I understand that he just needed someone to talk to and laugh with as an escape and this other girl did that but he told me his heart was with me. Now this girl he met in Chicago is traveling around the county with him and he has only known her for a month. 3 weeks ago he was calling everyday and sounding sad and wanting to hear my voice. The next thing I know he has this girl. He just told me last week he has his doubts if he is doing the right thing and he is not sure of what he is losing. I begged him back, I love him so much and he said no not right now. We have a house together and we were engaged. I am devastated and I don't know what to do or how to handle any of this. I have lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks and can even think about food. I am so frustrated that he cant see how much I love him and how great we can be together. Please help me. Please

as far as i can see if he really loved you like he says he does, there would be nobody else. him needing to talk to someone as an escape thats a bunch of crap. i know this. you begging him allows him to keep doing this, it just fuels his fire. dont even talk to him anymore as hard as it is, hes making all the decisions. trust me when i say you being a women have more power than you realize. dont talk to him, he doesnt deserve you, and when he comes back, you make the decisions. the more your there the longer he will keep it up. this is simple. i know it hurts but he needs to find out the hard way.

• Author
hurting4him

I know what you say makes sense. We had been fighting and he cant stand to fight and told me all he wants is peace. He said that when he talked to this person she gave him peace but she did not mean anything to him. He never went to see her. But after I got mad and broke up he met this other girl right away and he has been with her the practically the whole time. I dont understand how he can do that. I know he loves me but I am thinking she is filling the void I left. I am so sad. I miss him - I miss us and I dont knwo what to do

stop trying to understand why hes doing it, hes doing it. nothing you do is gonna change his mind accept leaving him alone and that may not even do it. the more you call or bother him the more its gonna push him to her, and hell have no reaon to stop, why should he if he can have her and you waiting at home.

• Author
hurting4him

Your right. I havent been calling him except today when his dog got sick in the living room - GROSS. But, for the most part he has been calling me and I have ignored him ... but after we had that really great talk I saw things differenlty and now he is not calling. Do you think he is on the rebound?

Another girl calling him sweetie and saying she missed his voice? And now yet another one?????

Puh-lease! Friends do NOT talk like that. I think the guy wants his cake and to eat it too :(

i agree with zaira. im a guy i know back when i used to have the upperhand. stop holding onto the little things, like a really great talk. and him doing this is nothing about rebound. hes doggin you. but you probably wont listen.

• Author
hurting4him

I think your right. I feel so much better. Thank you for your advice.

This has been very hard for me and I am not sure what to do next. When I think about him being with her and never taking the time to find out why we went wrong it really hurts. I cant even think about talking to another guy let alone travel the country with one.

• 3 months later...
brittanyjean259

dont even bother to try to work things out, hes one of those guys who can possibly cheat and forget about you....but than feels his heart later

im sorry