Gf wants to get back to together. Should I go for it?

We broke up a few months ago and I haven't heard from her since then. Because of this, I assumed that she was fully determined to get over our relationship and move on. It was hard, but I tried my best to take the same route. Recently, I started seriously thinking of dating again and decided to book a flight for dream tours for singles event. That's when she messaged me out of the blue, saying she misses me.

We started talking again, and she stated she wants to get back together. Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I give it another chance, or push through with my trip?

I'd also like to ask the same question - why did you break up?

Generally though, getting back together with an ex rarely works, since the same issues that caused the breakup in the first place are likely to come back when you get back together. Since you were the one dumped, you need to consider whether you can trust her not to break up with you again, and whether you two are actually compatible with each other. It sounds like you're moving on, so I don't think it's a good idea to get back with her on that alone.

Unless you both fully understand why you broke AND those issues have been resolved, what is the point in getting back together? You will be right back in a relationship that wasn't working with the same old problems.

Who initiated the break up? Was it mutual?

If she dumped you and she is coming back, most likely one of two things has happened: 1) She dated someone else and it did not work out or 2) She looked around and realized that "the grass is not greener."

In other words, she is probably coming back to you because she is lonely and trying again with you is better than being single. If you want to give it a try, go ahead, but my guess is that eventually she is going to leave again. Do you want go through the heartache of losing her all over again?

If the break up was mutual, then I agree with the other advice you have been given - have the issues that lead to the break up been resolved?

• Like 1
We broke up a few months ago and I haven't heard from her since then. Because of this, I assumed that she was fully determined to get over our relationship and move on. It was hard, but I tried my best to take the same route. Recently, I started seriously thinking of dating again and decided to book a flight for dream tours for singles event. That's when she messaged me out of the blue, saying she misses me.

We started talking again, and she stated she wants to get back together. Now I'm not sure what to do. Should I give it another chance, or push through with my trip?

I have to ask as well..why did you two break up? Who ended it? How was the relationship?