LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Anyone relapsed before

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2018, 11:37 AM   #1
Established Member

Anyone relapsed before

Dont know why but i have been fine for the past probably 4 - 5 months. We broke up in november past year and ive had break ups before that lasted id say 2 months tops then i was fine. This 1 feels so different and knew there was something about her. Xmas was impossible and a complete write off but around April it started to get hot, the world cup was on, i was dating someone who seemed perfect but then it just hit me that shes not my ex so i suddenly said we should stop dating (went on 6 dates). Now all i think about again is my ex from November. Why?? Everyday i feel down when i think aboit losing her and dating didnt help
confused83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2018, 1:56 PM   #2
Established Member

Canít tell you how much thatís similar to me, broke up too in last September, several months were bad, started to feel better this March /April so that took me more than 6 months, but almost everyday I still think about her ofc not with the same frequency.
I think itís just nostalgia because youíre comparing each girl you meet with the ex and you put your ex on a pedestal, sheís no mini-god and you will see it .
Like me I suggest to feel it, get used to the thoughts, itís just your mind , you were once together so ofc those thoughts cant be eliminated instantly and forever
Young mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2018, 2:13 PM   #3
Established Member

Shot in the dark. If she broke up with you instead of you breaking up with her, then that may be why you can't get over it.
Old 13th July 2018, 2:20 PM   #4
Established Member

What has made things worse is i felt like we both shared something that was different. I thought id been jn love twice beforehand with exes but this was tottally diffeeent and has felt like my 1 shot at proper true love. Im 35 now. The worst part was she got into another relationship 2 weeks after leaving me. She's happy, settled, guessing theyre living together as annoyingly my local estate agent rang me about a new house on the market that i maybe interested in. I checked it onlune and... it was the exes. Thats not helped with bringing it all back about how we lived there.
confused83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2018, 3:36 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Shot in the dark. If she broke up with you instead of you breaking up with her, then that may be why you can't get over it.
This.

Yep getting over a break up is harder if you are dumpee/foreced dumper.
HiCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2018, 9:26 PM   #6
Established Member

It's not been all that long, but you have to make yourself move on. You may always have regrets, but you still have to move forward and not let it stop your life.
preraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2018, 9:31 AM   #7
Established Member

I can relate. I've been out with woman who just don't hold a candle to an ex. It does hurt more when you're the one who got dumped.

To say you will never find another girl like your ex is accurate. No two people are the same. So while I'm sure you had something special, it's not impossible that you will find something like that with another girl. You just have to look. For all you know, you'll find something that is even better.

As for getting over an ex, everyone is different. I have always found that staying busy, getting in shape, focusing on my goals, has helped me. I do everything I can to make sure I don't know how my ex is doing. I don't want to know if she's seeing someone else, how her life is going...etc.

I think that if you continue to date, you might be surprised what you find. Of course you need to be in the right mindset to do so.
overcome is offline   Reply With Quote