Not sure where to put this but here goes!

So I started dating R in November he was from out of town but was working in my area, so we spent lots of time in hotel rooms. I would come visit on his off times and we would do dating things. To say i fell hard and fast is an understatment. He sucked me right in. Knew what i was needing and made sure i had it! We went to West Virgina two weeks into our relationship for his uncles funeral. Our dating was sporadic due to him living away, but he would see me when he could and would call and FaceTime me when he was back home. We progressed through the holidays into February. He said he was struggling with some mental illness due to his ptsd from being in the army. He told me I might not here from him again. I was devastated but told him I’d be there and let him go. Within a week he was back stating he had started counseling and was trying to be a better man for me. We progress through the spring and took a really nice weekend getaway at the end of May. June rolls around and he has been struggling with some health concerns and falls of the grid to re-emerge a week or so later. He has since sold his house and is now looking for places in my area to flip so he can be close to me while we figure out our next step. Middle of June we travel back to his area to pick up a few things that he left behind in storage. Have another great time. He is staying a few towns away with friends while he is looking for a place. We would get together when we can and we’re planning a few other trips for the summer. This Sunday I received a text from his phone from his girlfriend T. She claims they have been dating since September, so two months before he and I got together.

She said he just moved in with her this past month and that her daughters call him dad. I am beyond sevestated, . Right after he texted me he said that it wasnt what it seemed and he could explain. I shot him down and continued to text with her to watch the last 8 months of my life unravel. He texted me one more time stating that he was a monster and I should hate him. T swooped in and took over, calling me to confirm I dated him and having him tell me that he loved her and didn’t know what was wrong with him. I later find out that when we briefly split in February it was because T had caught him with 15-20 women. She reached out to everyone but somehow missed me. When she caught him with me this time there were multiple other women in his phone. Now T took over and I deleted both of them from my phone. She’s going to keep him. My hurt besides the obvious is why didn’t I get my closure. She just took it upon herself to claim him and that was the end of the story. I know I’m better off but I’m feeling like I’m lacking on top of the heart ache. Also feeling very stupid that i picked up on none of the signs and red flags. Like he chose her over me. I also didn’t get to cut ties with him face to face, just in a brief text. I feel like they got to keep their little life and I’m left crying on the sidelines. Help with what I don’t even know!

PegNosePete
My hurt besides the obvious is why didn’t I get my closure.

I'm sorry you got hurt but you have to realise that this guy is a snake and he will never apologise. If you ever speak to him again (which would be a BAD idea) then all he will do is tell you more lies. Do you really want that?

You've got all the closure you need. You know that he is a snake and she is dumb for taking him back. There's nothing more to be said here. You just need to try to forget him and move on...

I feel like they got to keep their little life and I’m left crying on the sidelines. Help with what I don’t even know!

Try not to romanticize him and what you had with him. What could possibly be so great about a life with a man that has such horrible character? Focus on your reality and the reality of who he truly is -- the "sidelines' as you call it is a much better place than where T is because this woman had to call 15-20 women that he was seeing while dating her.

You'll heal from this and move one. She's stuck with a man that she has to likely keep checking up on and if you weren't on the "sidelines", you'll likely be in that same position at some point.

This is a blessing. You haven't lost a prize. You dodged a bullet.