So lost.

Discreet678

I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 3 months but have known each other for over 5 years and it suddenly ended overnight. I am so lost and dont know to proceed and just experiences my first ever panic attack.

Everything has been absolutely amazing with this woman since we began dating each other. Early in the relationship(a week or 2 in), she had asked if I had ever cheated on my ex-wife. Fearing rejection and wanting to start with a clean slate, I lied and told her no. No issues and we moved past it.

In the course of arguing with my ex-wife regarding our kids, she messaged my girlfriend and aired all of my/our dirty laundry from our marriage. I had cheated and I ultimately broke off the marriage. I came clean and explained everything to my girlfriend and she in turn ended the relationship.

I am so lost right now. Any advice or criticism is welcome. I know that I am not in the right but I want to fix this and dont know how.

Happy Lemming

In the course of arguing with my ex-wife regarding our kids, she messaged my girlfriend and aired all of my/our dirty laundry from our marriage. I had cheated and I ultimately broke off the marriage. I came clean and explained everything to my girlfriend and she in turn ended the relationship.

Why did you "come clean"?? Just continue to lie. It would have been easy, you could have stated that your ex-wife was just being vengeful, because she is jealous of your happiness.

Not much you can do now... You blew it!! Your girlfriend isn't coming back, cheating was a "deal breaker" for her. No recovery... Your ex-wife won, she got what she wanted and made you miserable, again.

In the future, "let sleeping dogs lie", don't be so honest. I've got secrets I'll take to my grave, if someone asks me if I did this or that, I lie.

Deny, Deny, Deny!!

I am so lost right now. Any advice or criticism is welcome. I know that I am not in the right but I want to fix this and dont know how.

You cheated on your exwife. Your girlfriend asked you if you ever cheated on your exwife (she probably had a good reason for asking).

You lied. Your girlfriend found out the truth. Either the cheating or the cheating + you lying right to her face in response to a direct question was the dealbreaker and for good reason. Why should she spend the rest of her life with a known cheater who continues to lie to her face?

You can't fix it. Your fate was probably sealed when you stepped out on your wife. Your actions define you. Some people, especially high quality people, will not settle for scraps.

Honesty is always the best policy.

Your new girlfriend is currently teaching you that lesson. It is a hard lesson to learn.

Just remember, the world will not end. The sun will always come up tomorrow and you will have another opportunity in the future to demonstrate how much you have grown as a person and learned from this experience. Be honest next time.